Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Psicosis

So, I saw a PeruFail this morning on the micro.  I didn't have time to take a picture or else I would have, but I'll try to give you a mental picture: male riding a motorcycle in Lima traffic with a helmet on, but the shield on the helmet was up...resting on his helmet in front of his mouth is a cell phone...he was talking on it while driving a motorcycle.  PeruFail.

Anyway, ballet was great today.  We've only been having about an hour of class rather than an hour and a half since my professor is choreographing for a show in December.  It's kind of unfortunate for me because that gives me a half hour less of class time, but at least it's been fun watching the choreography develop.  After ballet, I ate lunch and then got to work on researching for my Peruvian Social Reality paper.  I'm still not quite sure what it's going to be on, but I'm starting to narrow it down.  Also, just so you have an update on my professor's son.  He's 14 years old and he was conscious today.  His parents and family were finally able to talk to him and there appears to be no neurological damage, which is great, but they still have to figure out what to do with his fractured skull and nose.  So keep praying. :)

Anyway, in Cine tonight we watched Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (Psicosis).  If you haven't seen it, it's a classic so you need to.  I've seen it before, but something that I learned tonight that I didn't know was that the movie was filmed in 28 days and that it was extremely inexpensive.  It was filmed in black and white by choice because it was cheaper.  We had an interesting discussion and I liked it because most of the students (even the other gringos) hadn't seen the movie before so I was getting to hear their first time reactions.  By the way, thanks Mom for letting us watch some classics when we were younger. :)

On the way home tonight, I was in a packed micro!  I wish I could help you fully understand just exactly what a packed micro, but there's no way.  You just have to experience it, but again, I'm going to give you a mental picture: every single seat is taken and there are 20 people standing butt to butt and shoulder to shoulder (literally, 20 people..I counted).  Oh and don't forget the cobrador who keeps telling people to move back so that more people can get on.  It was fun. :)  Tonight, I haven't really done too much.  I watched the movie No Strings Attached, which was okay, but not great.  I need to type an assignment still so I'm going to do that, but otherwise, I'm good on homework.  Classes are ending in 2ish weeks so all of the important papers are due soon, so I'm probably going to be stressing soon, but that's normal. :)  I can't believe classes are almost over though!  Crazy!!

Anyway, don't forget to vote for ILS!  We're at 28 right now!  Also, make sure you vote by texting, too, and tell your amigos!
http://www.refresheverything.com/illinoisleadershipseminars

Buenas noches y dulces sueños!

I almost forgot...it's Music Martes!  Today's song is El Poeta (The poet) by Chino & Nacho.  I liked this song a lot!  It makes me smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment