Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dioses

So, I woke up this morning to my mom yelling upstairs to me.  She was making sure I was feeling okay.  In my head I was thinking, "why is she asking me if I'm feeling okay?" and then, I looked at the clock.  It was 10:30 a.m.!  I have to get on the micro by at least 10:15 to make it to class on time!  I was really upset that I missed class today!  I'm upset just writing about it.  I only have like three ballet classes left, but anyway, enough about being upset about missing class, I still made the most of my day.  I still headed to school early because I had to print off a paper for my Cine class and do a couple other things.  As I was walking on campus, there was a tent up and coming from the tent was Christmas music!  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but when I'm in jeans and a cardigan and I'm sweating in the sun while hearing Christmas music, it's just not the same!  I mean I hate being cold, too, but it's Christmas, it's supposed to be cold.  Peruvians go to the beach on Christmas day!  I'm going to be really sad to leave, but I think it's right to spend Christmas wrapped in a blanket next to a fireplace with hot chocolate.

Anyway, next up was Cine.  I was really worried about this last class because whatever movie we watched is what our final paper is on and this paper is going to be a very detailed review.  I was worried that the movie would be boring or that I wouldn't like (Ha, who am I kidding, I like all movies).  Of course, I did like it.  I'm actually really excited to write about the movie.  So much happened in it and it dealt with different issues.  Plus, it was the first and only Peruvian movie that we have watched.  I guess I should tell you that the movie was called Dioses (Gods).  Our professor reccommended that we watched the movie at least three times in order to write a good review and actually, I really do want to watch it more, but I haven't figured out how yet.  My wonderful website that I have been watching movies on lately has been down for the past couple of days and Family Videos don't exist here (I'm assuming because of the large pirating business).  I'll figure it out.  I'm interested to see how my paper turns out because we literally have to analyze everything about the movie!  Composition, lighting, actors, sounds/music, themes, etc.  Plus, the movie deals with some issues that I have really been interested in while here, such as the empleada vs. "boss" relationship.

Anyway, tonight was pretty relaxed.  I did some homework, skyped my parents (love you! :)), and went to Café Z with Tonisha and of course got a frozen de fresa.  I am now going to listen to the signs of getting up late two days in a row and I'm going to consult my pillow early tonight.  I hope you all had wonderful days!

Also, don't forget to keep voting for ILS!!!
Vote online at:  http://www.refresheverything.com/illinoisleadershipseminars!!
Vote by texting:  109528 to 73774!!
Only one more week of me bothering you with this! :)

You thought I was done?  Nope, not quite...because it's Musis Martes!!!!

Today's song is La Melodía (The Melody) by Joey Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment