Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas at Larcomar

So obviously I'm late again on my blog post.  I think that this should just be expected on the weekends. :)  Anyway, yesterday I slept in, but then when I got up, I was somewhat productive!  I actually did homework on a Saturday, can you believe it?  I came to the realization that I have seven days of class left and about a week to write four papers while also trying to plan our final trip to Arequipa and Puno!  It's going to be a quite interesting week, but I'm ready to tackle it.  Anyway, I did get some stuff done yesterday and although I was being productive, I couldn't pass up my Saturday movie time.  I watched the movie, Memento, which was really good.  I'm pretty sure it's on the Top 100 Thriller Movies list so you should probably watch it to.  It was pretty interesting, it's another psychological thriller movie, like Psycho and the way it was filmed is very cool.

Anyway, after that I did some more homework and kind of watched the movie, Río.  It's an animated film and I'm sure it was really good, but like I said, I didn't pay attention to it a lot.  Anyway, that's pretty much my day, I didn't leave the house until around 10 p.m.  I walked to Larcomar to get some ice cream, which I got mint chocolate chip.  It was the weirdest feeling because the mint chocolate chip tasted like peppermint ice cream and there were Christmas trees and lights up all over Larcomar, so I definitely had a taste of Christmas last night.

Then, I got on a micro to head to Jen's house (a girl in my program) in Barranco and I definitely got ripped off on the micro.  It was probably the worst rip off since I've been here and I'm still bitter about it.  I didn't know exactly where I was going, but I knew it was close and I knew the street name, so I gave him 50 cents and told him the street name.  He told me it was a sol and I did question it, but he said no, that it was a sol, but he had this nasty grin on his face.  I shouldn't have given him another 50 cents, but since I really wasn't sure I couldn't dispute it.  Well what do you know, two stops later was where I need to get off...it was SOOO close and I was NOT happy.  He had definitely just ripped me off and if I could go back in time, I would have demanded for my 50 cents back or just not given it to him in the first place.  Plus, his grimace is tattooed in my mind.  I may have not so gracefully said something to him as I got off the bus, too, and it may have been in Spanglish, but I think he got the point.

Anyway, I was luckily put in a better mood when I got to Jen's house.  There were six of us that just hung out all night.  It was fun to just sit, relax, and chat.  Oh and Jen's house is extravegant.  It has four floors, five including the roof, and an awesome view of the ocean.  It's just amazing!  The fourth floor is a huge open art studio and then you slide this door and it's Jen's room.  It's like she's Cinderella hidden in the upstairs closet.  So cool!  And they have tons of birds!  Like over one hundred!  Just birds in cages everywhere!  It's awesome!  Anyway, it was a great night!  I had a lot of fun!  I hope you had a fun Saturday night as well!

1 comment:

  1. Dad, Roy and Rick should never be a Micro bus driver, you'd see right thru them with their smile, wouldn't you?! :)

    ReplyDelete