Tuesday, November 29, 2011

La Cena Final

Today, was a day with a couple of "lasts," but it still went really well, starting with my last ballet class.  Like I've said before, I am so happy that I have been able to take ballet this semester!  It's been a really fun class and I like everyone in the class.  Well, for memory purposes, I asked the class to take a picture with me.  Everybody wasn't in class today so the picture isn't complete, but it's still a good memory.  Also, our instructor made us do this silly pose so we were all laughing about that. :)
Anyway, my next 'last' was seeing the nice older man in the library.  It was the last time I'll be in there to check out and return books. :(  Sad day, but not really, because I don't like the library system at PUCP, but the librarian was also pleasant. :)  Anyway, since I didn't have Cine today, I went home really early and I got off in Parque Kennedy mostly because I had a few errands to run.  The first being to take a picture of the Christmas tree that is FINALLY up.  It took over a week to get it up, but it's finally up.  I saw it tonight again all lit up, but I haven't been able to snap a night shot yet, but here's the day picture. :)
Anyway, then I had to recharge my cell phone with minutes (this is something I won't miss).  Everytime you run out of minutes you have to go to a pharmarcy or some places on the street do it, in order to put minutes on your phone.  Then, I had to go to the store to pick up something for class tomorrow because we're having fun discussion in Living and Learning with snacks.  I got animal crackers because they were super cheap and you can never go wrong with crackers that are shaped like animals. :)  My last errand (which actually didn't get done) was to find a place to change the battery in my watch.  The battery died in my watch earlier this morning and I really didn't realize how much I've been using my watch until it's not there.  I look down at the time and it's just a blank screen.  It throws me off a little, so I'm definitely taking care of that before I leave for my last trip on Thursday morning.

I had an interesting afternoon.  I had planned on spending it writing my Peruvian Social Reality paper, but I found out we don't have to write the paper anymore.  Had I been in class yesterday, I would've known this.  I'm just glad that I didn't write it all and then find that out. :)  We still have to turn in an outline and do a presentation, but that's so much easier. :)  Tonisha and I are going to work on it tomorrow night, because obviously I didn't work on the presentation/outline this afternoon.  Why would I do that?  I still have a whole day to procrastinate. :)  So what did I do instead this afternoon?  I started packing for this coming week and for home.  Surprisingly, my suitcase is already half full just with souvenirs.  Whoops.  I have a plan for coming back/packing though.  We'll see if it works.  Also, I should tell you that I did finish my cine paper!  Six pages.  I'd say that's a pretty good micro-analysis of the movie. :)  I still have to revise it, but I'm just glad it's all written.

Anyway, tonight was the final dinner with just the CIEE students and our two directors.  Tomorrow night we have a cocktail with all the host families as well, but tonight it was just us.  We went to La Bistecca, which was a very nice buffet-style restaurant.  The food was delicious.  My main dish was surprisingly not lomo saltado, but pasta with huancaina sauce..yum.  AND they had a chocolate fountain!  It was delicious food and the company of all the students that I have come to be great friends with was amazing!  I then walked home with Jacey and Steven.  It was a fairly far walk, but since it was us three together, it seemed to go fast.  Plus, I felt pretty good about walking after all the food I devoured at the restaurant. :)

My day was pretty good and it was amazing outside today, too!  The weather is gorgeous!  Even though I missed out on some U.S. summer, I'm excited that I'm getting to experience some of the Peruvian summer, rather than always just seeing the clouds here.

Also, one more day left for voting for ILS!  We're still at #23, so I think that a miracle would need to happen tomorrow for us to get in the top 15, but I still hope that you vote and share tomorrow!  Thanks to those of you who have been voting everyday!  I really appreciate it! :)
VOTE at http://www.refresheverything.com/illinoisleadershipseminars and TEXT 109528 to 73774!!!!

Finally, it's Music Martes!  Today's song is Pa'Romper la Discoteca (To break the discoteca) by Farruko feat. Daddy Yankee y Yomo.
Buenas noches y dulces sueños!

No comments:

Post a Comment