Monday, November 14, 2011

El espíritu de Navidad

First of all, I would like to apologize for the late blog post.  I've already heard some complaints from some of you. ;)  In all fairness to me though, I warned you.  I pretty much told you that it was highly likely that there would be no Sunday blog. Sorry. :/

Anyway, yesterday morning, I slept in and then started my day by finishing the movie, Just Go With It which I had started the night before.  By the way, Larry Crowne was a cute movie, but not the best.  However, Just Go With It was very funny!  If you want to laughed, I suggest you watch that movie.  It's a good romantic comedy.

For Sunday lunch, my host mom and I went out as always, but rather than going to a restaurant, her church was having a dinner/fundraiser.  It was nice.  There was music (a man playing his flute), dance (of course, the marinera norteña), and they were drawing for prizes.  Unfortunately, I didn't win anything, but I really wanted to.  I figure my number was called as soon as we left.  Besides the entertainment, there was of course food.  We had seco con frijoles.  Seco is cabrita.  Cabrita is baby goat. :)  Yum.  Actually, it tasted and looked like roast to me.  Anyway, of course, there were rice and beans on the side.  Sorry, there's no picture.  It was pretty good though and it was nice to have a typical Peruvian dish that I haven't had already.  It was a nice time and it was pretty outside.  Also, the church was doing a very cool charity project.  They were selling boxes.  Yes, I know selling boxes doesn't sound charity-like, but it is, trust me.  Each box has a number and each number corresponds to a family in poverty.  It's a Christmas project.  People can buy the boxes and they find out how many family members there are and their ages.  The people then filled the boxes with food and presents for the families and the families are given these boxes at Christmas.  It really put me in the Christmas spirit Yes, I know that there is a "rule" that you can't start Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but there is no Thanksgiving here meaning that Christmas is in full swing here.  If you think about it though, shouldn't you have the Christmas spirit all year long?  Just something for you to think about. :)  While I'm on the subject, Thanksgiving is a great time of year, too, but again, make sure that you are thankful all year round.

Anyway, after lunch, I avoided starting my paper until about 9 p.m.  It really didn't take me too long to do it either and I knew it wouldn't, but why must I always wait.  If I just sat down and did it right when I woke up, I wouldn't have had to worry about it doing it for the whole day.  It's really not stressful or anything to wait, but I just don't know why I do it.  It's quite odd.  I think that's what the average college student does anyway, so I guess I'm not alone and I'm sure there is some philosophical reason why people procrastinate, but I don't have that answer right now.  Anyway, I did get it done and it's actually not due until Wednesday, so now I'm ahead of the game. :)  So technically, I wasn't procrastinating at all.  I knew that there was a huge possibility that it was due Wednesday and not Monday, but I just wanted to get it done.  I guess I didn't wait after all. :)

Anyway, I hope you all had amazing weekends!  And I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment