Sunday, November 27, 2011

Falta dos semanas

So, today was my last Sunday with my host mom because next Sunday I will be in Arequipa and the Sunday after that I will be on my way home!  That's crazy!  Anyway, I got up this morning and started working on some homework, since I didn't finish my Ethnography paper last night.  I did end up joining my host mom and her guests last night for two hours, so I didn't get the homework done that I wanted to, but I had a good time.  I just sat in and listened as they spoke medicine, insurance, politics.  Those subjects don't interest me too much, but I did still enjoy it and I was happy that I could keep up with the conversation even though they were complex subjects.  One couple that was there goes to Chicago every single year for some conference because the husband is an oncologist.  It was a nice night and great Spanish practice.

Anyway, this morning I tried finishing my paper but of course that's not all I was doing because I couldn't focus on just that, but I did get some done.  I finally decided to listen to some Christmas music, too, Bing Crosby, of course.  I had mixed feelings about listening to it because it just feels funny seeing summer outside of my window and listening to it.  Anyway, after that then my host mom and I walked to San Antonio for lunch.  It was beautiful out today.  It's definitely summer now here in Peru.  We sat down to eat and shared a salad, sandwich, and ice cream. :)  We had nice conversation, too.  We talked about me leaving, Christmas, summer, etc.  Then, we walked back to the house and I finally finished my Ethnography paper.  Two papers down, two to go in three days!  Wish me luck.  Anyway, after that Tonisha came over because she wanted to get out of her house and we both had homework to do.  I actually get more done when she's here surprisingly.  Although we do talk occasionally, when we're not talking we're both doing homework.

I then started my cine movie, Dioses, for the third time and while watching it, I googled "How to write a movie analysis."  I actually found some pretty helpful sites so once this movie is over (because it's still playing - there's about 15 minutes left in it) I'm ready to start writing the movie analysis.  We'll see how it goes for me.  I've written a dance analysis before so I'm hoping that it's similar and that I can get everything out that I want to say.

I hope you all had fabulous weekends.  I should probably get to writing some.

Also, please don't forget to vote for ILS!  We finally moved down to 23, but we only have three days left to get to 15.  I know that voting may not be that important to you, but I would really appreciate it if you did it for me. :)  And I would appreciate it even more if you told all your friends and family about it!  Thanks!!

VOTE at http://www.refresheverything.com/illinoisleadershipseminars
TEXT to 109528 to 73774!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment