Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Me encanta el sol

So today I woke up and it was sunny!  At 8 a.m. the sun was shining bright!  It was beautiful!  Want to know something crazy, too.  Tonisha's mom sent her a picture today from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin and there was snow on the ground!  Is there snow where you're at?  I can tell you that there is no snow and there won't be snow here in Lima.  Anyway, I keep forgetting that it's winter in the states now, because it's spring and beautiful here now.  Sorry to rub it in, winter can be beautiful, too!

Anyway, today in Peruvian Social Reality, our professor got the Fujimori DVD to work so we watched some of that, but we still didn't finish it, so we will next Monday.  In Living and Learning today, we had presentations on surveys that we gave.  We had to interview 10 Peruvians and 10 Americans for our surveys.  The topic that my group chose for the surveys was talkativeness vs. silence in both cultures.  Our results were actually really interesting.  The average of the Peruvians' scores actually ranked higher for both silence and talkativeness.  Our group decided that our scores weren't that accurate considering it was a small survey group, but it was still interesting and it makes you think.  What do you value more..silence or talking?

Anyway, next up on the list of classes was my Spanish Writing Workshop.  Today we learned some tips for writing papers.  We're getting ready to start researching for our final papers so our professor is getting a headstart on preparing us to write them.  Anyway, after that I had Ethnography and we learned about more myths from the Amazon.  Sorry that I don't have more interesting things to tell you.  I do have one interesting thing that was pointed out to me today.  On Wednesday, I have class from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with only one hour break.  That's a lot of class in one day.  It's like I'm back in grade school. :)

Tonight, another micro dream came true.  I got to sit in the front seat again, which is always fun, plus it was a really nice/clean micro, but that's not the exciting part.  The exciting part is that I got to use the passenger door to get out, rather than using the door that everyone else uses.  It was great!  I felt so special. :)  Other than that nothing else has really happened tonight.  I had Ají de Gallina for dinner, which was delicious.  Also, I watched Damas en Guerra (Bridesmaids), which was a good movie.  You should probably watch it if you haven't seen it yet, especially if you need a good laugh. :)

Okay, lastly I want to remind you to go to:
http://www.refresheverything.com/illinoisleadershipseminars
and vote for ILS!!  ILS is very important to me so I hope you help us out. :)  We were ranked 88 yesterday and now we're 54!!  Share it with your friends, too!!  You can vote twice-a-day (via the site and via text 109528 to Pepsi (73774)), EVERY day!  Thank you sooooo much!!

1 comment:

  1. no snow in kenosha...not even a flurry and i'm okay with that! It's only in the 30's today for a high though and back to 50's tomorrow and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete