Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nike 10K

So, this morning I got up and ran a the Nike 10K race that is hosted here in Lima.  Just kidding, I didn't run.  However, I did go and watch.  It's supposedly one of the biggest (or the biggest) road race in Lima and it started and ended in Parque Kennedy, which is really close to my house, as you might know.  I got up in the morning and met Jacey, one of my friends, and we walked around the park to watch people finishing the race.  I really give all those people credit for running a 10K.  I don't think I could ever do it, but if I had run today, it was a beautiful morning to.  Jacey and I decided to take some pictures that we have been meaning to all semester, such as pictures of Café Z and obviously we stopped there too to get a cup of coffee.  Okay, you caught me...I didn't get coffee, I got a frozen de fresa.  We chilled there for a little bit and just talked and then we walked around more.  By the time that we walked around the park again, there was a band playing and everyone that had just ran a 10K was jumping up and down with the music..crazies, weren't their muscles sore?  Anyway, after the nice morning walk in the park, I went home and waited there until my host mom and I went on our regular Sunday lunch out.
The stage for the band in Óvalo Miraflores
The edge of Parque Kennedy
Parque Kennedy:  There's usually A LOT of cats around
We found some of them :)
Café Z
For lunch, we went to Club de Regatas, which is a well-known club here in Lima.  It's a pretty ritzy place and there's so much to do there.  My host mom and I ate chifa there today.  Chifa is Peruvian Chinese food.  If you ask me, it tastes the same as US American Chinese food.  It was just the usually Chinese buffet.  It was delicious.  After lunch, I got the chance to lay on one of three beaches at the club and soak up the sun for an hour.  Unfortunately, the Lima clouds and breeze rolled in as I was laying down, so I really didn't get that much sun, but it was still relaxing.  I read part of my Ethnography article and then of course decided to take a nap instead.  It was great!
View of part of Club de Regatas from the Chifa restaurant
I live behind the tall buildings
Pelicans
Beach
For the rest of tonight, I really haven't done too much.  I did a little bit of homework, but then I watched the movie Fight Club.  There's a cool website here in Peru (I'm not sure if it's available in the U.S.), called cuevana.com and it allows you to watch TV shows and movies online.  It's nice, too, because it shows the Spanish subtitles, although if it were dubbed, it would be better.  Anyway, it was a great movie. :)  I hope you all had wonderful weekends.  Have a great Monday.  Buenas noches y dulces sueños!

No comments:

Post a Comment