Monday, October 14, 2013

Una sensación lograda

Today was a very successful day! I feel like I got a lot accomplished and yet still had time to lie down and relax! I got up at a decent time, ate breakfast, and headed out to the nearest public library to see if I could check out a book in Spanish to read. Unfortunately, I only had a copy of my passport and they wouldn't accept that, which kind of stinks, but it wasn't a pointless trip, because I got to see the Puerta de Toledo, which is pretty. See...
Instead of walking back to my place, I decided I would try and find a bus that would take me and I found one! So that was exciting. Once I got home, I cleaned the apartment, because it's my day to clean. We all agreed on a schedule and my day is Monday to clean the kitchen, hallway, and living room. It's every woman for herself when it comes to bedrooms and bathrooms, but I went ahead and took care of both of those for me today, too! I then met up with Stephanie to head to the office of our program because we had to pick up a paper for our appointment to get our TIEs! Woo, one step closer and our appointment paper has our NIE on it, so we can get paid with that, which is good! And I can attempt to get a bank account with that again, even though there is a chance that it won't work still, but yay! Also, Stephanie and I got there just in time, because as we were leaving there was a montón de auxiliares at the front door waiting for the same thing. After getting this very important piece of paper, we went to the library again with my passport and I was able to check out a book. They really didn't have a lot of the books that I wanted, but I was able to get one. Hopefully the level of Spanish will be good and hopefully it will be interesting. It's called Crónica de una muerte anunciado (Chronicle of a death foretold) by Gabriel García Marquez, who's most famous books are One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera. Anyway, we I got my library card and I checked out that book. I won't start it quite yet because I want to read Shiloh and Bridge to Terabithia first, but I will be starting it soon enough!
My library card!
Stephanie and I took the bus that I found in the morning home and I hung out all afternoon. I blogged, skyped, read part of Shiloh, and cleaned a little more here and there. Then, I went to Retiro park for a run. I went with a group of people and the option is to do a 4k, 6k, or 8k. I was pretty tired after the 4k, my knees were sore from running on the pavement, and I developed a blister in an odd spot on my foot, but I went ahead and did the 6k. But I called it quits after that. I didn't want to push it and I really didn't want to run the 6k, so I knew mentally I wouldn't make it through the 8k, plus the blister was really hurting. Haha, not to make excuses or anything. I will eventually do the 8k...hey, maybe even next week, but today was not that day.

Once I got home, I made dinner and got back to blogging. This is my last blog for today. Finally caught up! Woo. Lucia and I also watched El Hormiguero and I am actually really starting to like it! My favorite clips are the learning English ones. Tonight, the guy was learning words like vegetable, impossible, unbelievable, comfortable, etc. Lucia and I actually signed up to go see the live taping this week. We signed up for tomorrow or Friday so hopefully one of us will get that call saying, "You're the next contestant on the Price Is...oh, I mean..you're invited to come." Tom Hanks is going to be there on Friday, so I would love to go then, but really either day is fine. And we already decided that we are going to keep signing up until we get invited. :) Also, I have been sitting here watching the Voice. They're still doing auditions so Lucia's friend isn't on the show tonight, but it's still fun to watch. Anyway, now it is time for bed. I have school tomorrow after a four day weekend, so that should be fun...

Hope you all had a great Monday! Hasta mañana.


No comments:

Post a Comment