Monday, October 28, 2013

Requiem por un sueño

Today, I did nothing. Well, not nothing, but pretty much nothing. I ate breakfast and got clean, then I had a Skype interview, but it wasn't really an interview. I have been looking into taking Spanish classes while here, so the Skype conversation was so that the academy could see what my level of Spanish was so that they can place me in the correct class level. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I hope that the class that they suggest I take is during a time that I am free. A lot of classes are Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday and I have my private lessons Wednesday/Thursday, so they are both inconvenient, but I'll figure it out.

Anyway, after the conversation, I started doing my Monday cleaning chores. I cleaned and swept my room, bathroom, hallway, and kitchen. I did the dishes and laundry. Then I started watching the movie Requiem for a Dream, which is a strange movie, so while watching it I cooked lunch and ate. Once I finished that, I skyped my boyfriend for quite awhile and then got started on all of these blogs. Mondays are starting to become my "blog catch-up day." After blogging some, I ran to the store real quick just to put some money on my pre-paid phone, then it was back to the apartment for the night. I was hungry so I ate another early dinner around 7:15 p.m. and watched a bit of T.V., which by the way, nothing really good is ever on. And the things that I do like to watch are dubbed over, which isn't a big deal at all, but they leave the English voices on, too. So hearing the two languages over the top of each other is very distracting! Anyway, I started watching a game show, which was entertaining and then Stephanie and Karin joined me at my house to start planning this weekend. We at first were planning to go to Valencia, but we are now going to Granada. After deciding to go to Granada and planning out our ride there, we found out that El Alhambra is sold out this whole weekend, which is like the one must-see thing in Granada. I mean obviously we will still have fun and see a lot of other cool things, but El Alhambra is a World Heritage Site and I really really wanted to go! So, I will either just never get to see it or I will need to go back again. :/ Anyway, I have nothing to do for the night so I am watching T.V. and waiting for El Hormiguero to come on and googling other things to do in Granada. Hope you have a good night. Hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment