Monday, October 21, 2013

Un puente hacia Terabithia

Woo, Monday is my day off. I got up early and got ready to try and get a bank account again. It still didn't work. I went to two banks and both said that I needed to have my identification card, but really that's not true. Foreigners, like me, have been opening bank accounts left and right here with the same banks. What it comes down to is which branch you go to. So, next Monday, I will be going to a specific branch that has let some of us open accounts without our identification card. I'm not in a huge rush to get an account, so I'm not worried, but it's just one of those things that I want to get out of the way. After this attempt, I went grocery shopping. I bought quite a bit of stuff and here in Spain you have to buy the grocery bags, bring your own bags, or a lot of people have these carriers on wheels. I'm not going to buy one of those wheely things, so I bring my own bags, but I think while I'm shopping, I forget that I have to carry everything back to my apartment. Luckily the store is only two doors down, because I know I look ridiculous walking down the street with heavy overflowing bags. All bagging skills go out the window, too, because you have to bag your own things and your rushing because the next two people behind you in line need to get their things rung up. It's kind of stressful to be honest. You have to bag your stuff plus pay and worry about hurrying as to not hold up the people behind you. I'm glad I don't go shopping that often.

After weight lifting with groceries, I got to my Monday chore of cleaning the kitchen, living room, and hallway. I also took the time to clean my room and bathroom as well, which didn't take too long. I got all of this done before noon and to be honest, I didn't know what to do with the rest of my day. Lately, my days off don't start until noon, so I didn't know what to do with all of the extra time, but don't worry, I found stuff to do. For example, I watched the movie Las ventajas de ser invisible (The Perks of Being a Wallflower). I have never read the book, but I enjoyed the movie. And it was the first movie that I have seen where Emma Watson was not Hermoine Granger, so that was cool. After the movie, I thought about watching another one, but instead I finished Bridge to Terabithia and it was not what I was expecting. It is definitely a darker story than both Shiloh and Because of Winn-Dixie and I am reluctant to give it to the girls that I give private lessons to. But, I'm going to go ahead and warn them and make sure that they what to read it before handing it over. It is one of those reality stories that teaches you not everything has a happy ending. Definitely an eye opener and I think it's interesting that it is a children's book, but I also understand why it is. So that was the last of the books, so I plan to pass them out at lessons this week and I plan to start the Spanish book that I got at the library. Should be interesting to see how much I understand.

My roommate came home and told me about a Fiesta del Cine (Movie festival thing) that is going on in Spain for the next three days. It's super cheap to go to a movie so I signed up for that, but the site was all clogged up with the amount of people trying to sign up so it took quite awhile, but I got it done and I plan on going to a movie tomorrow night. My roommate is going with her friend and I was all excited to go until she said they were going to see Insidious 2, which I have no interest in seeing. So, I don't want to ditch her, but I might choose to see a different movie. Stay tuned tomorrow to see what movie I go to.

Tonight, I went on the 4k run with the Free Fitness Madrid group. It was fun and it's always challenging, but I hate running in the dark. It's not that I feel unsafe or anything, there are so many people there doing the same thing. It's just I like to see where I am going. There are dogs and trash cans on the path and I would rather not trip over either of those things. It's like eating in a dimly lit restaurant. It's just not preferred, but I will continue to go because it is fun and it keeps me active. As for the plans for the rest of the night, I already watched El Hormiguero and, right now, La Voz is playing in the background. I will probably continue to watch this until bedtime. Tomorrow is a school day, so it should be fun. Hasta luego.


No comments:

Post a Comment