Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cuenta bancaria

Well, today was an unexpected day off, but I still made it a productive one. I did sleep in a little and had planned a morning run, but it was raining and it still is pretty dreary out, so I opted out of running. Oh well. I ate my US American breakfast consisting of eggs and toast then went for the third time to try and open a bank account. Third time's the charm because I got one! Woo. I felt like I was signing my life away though even though I asked a bunch of questions and had the guy clarify a bunch of things. I'm pretty sure I understood the majority, if not all, of the information, but signing the papers just made me nervous. Haha. I feel like I would've been nervous signing papers like that in the United States though, too. After getting my bank account, I went and bought my abono, transportation pass, for November. It's pretty expensive, but it's definitely worth it and since I pay for it, I try to take advantage of the public transportation as much as possible. Unfortunately though, that means that I'm not walking even close to the amount of miles I was in my first two weeks here.

Once I got back home, I tried figuring out my online banking account, but the feature for changing my passwords wasn't working, so I'm going to have to try it again later. I also looked up some ESL activities to do with the teachers' class tomorrow, I ate lunch, started looking into my Professional Development Plan (which has to do with my teaching license in the states), and watched Toy Story of Terror. I then laid down and rested for an hour and left for my private classes that I still had, even though I didn't have school. The two boys that I have class with didn't go to school today either, so we talked about that for a little bit, we talked about Halloween, and we talked about my year as the only girl on a boys' soccer team. That was a great time in my life and I think the boy got a kick out of it. Especially because I told him I wasn't good. I don't think he can picture me playing soccer and, since I don't know a lot about soccer, he might think I'm lying about the whole thing. Haha Anyway, my second lesson went really well, too. The girl talks a lot, which is fantastic, but she talked a half hour over when I was supposed to leave. I didn't have the heart to cut her off, but if it happens again I might need to because I didn't get extra pay for that and I had stuff to do for school tomorrow. But, I still think it's great that she likes to talk because that's the only way that she is going to improve her English. Also, we started the book Because of Winn-Dixie. She had already seen the movie Shiloh, so I gave her Winn-Dixie to read first. Also, she's very artsy, which is way up my alley so she always starts out the lessons showing me what she has drawn or made. Look what she made..so cute...
Anyway, once I got home, I ate dinner and now I am writing this blog while watching El Hormiguero. The are doing a segment where they listen to songs in English that have lyrics that sound like they are saying something in Spanish. It's quite entertaining. Next, I need to finalize what I am doing with the teachers' class tomorrow and then it will be bedtime.

On a completely different note and the most random thought in the world. (I think my sister will appreciate this) Every time that I am waiting for the metro to come, the movie Volcano crosses my mind. It's like I'm expecting hot lava to eventually come flowing down through the tunnel rather than seeing the train coming. It's quite terrifying actually.
This would be a scary thing to see coming down the tunnel...
Although, I also sometimes fear that I will fall onto the tracks...
which be pretty much impossible, unless someone pushed
me or unless I slipped and slid a few feet and off of the platform.
These are the things that cross my mind...



No comments:

Post a Comment