Saturday, October 5, 2013

Salimos con las maestras

So, last night I went over to Karin's and Stephanie came over as well. Stephanie picked up some wine and chips on the way so we spent the the next couple minutes getting rid of the bag of chips and spent the night sipping on vino and not really watching a movie called Safe. We also decided to speak Spanish together because we spend a lot of time speaking English already in school, so since last night we have been speaking Spanish, which is great because that was one of my main motives for coming here. We left Karin's house a little before 2 a.m. to go to the bars, but most of the bars were closed and we didn't want to pay to get into a club, so we pretty much spent the night walking. We walked towards the center, made a pit stop at McDonald's, met a guy from Toronto that could tell we were from the Midwest (he said north) because of our accents, and realized that we didn't want to go to any clubs or bars, so we walked back. In total from the time I left my house and returned back, I walked about four miles...we decided that it was a good thing that we walked around since we decided to eat McDonald's.

This morning I slept in until about 10:30, but chose to stay in bed for quite some time. I finally left the apartment around 1 p.m. to go running with Karin and Stephanie. We ran through MadridRío and boy do we find new things every time we go. There is a skate park, at least two ziplines for children, people were rollerblading, skating, biking, running, eating, etc. So many people were at the park and it reminded me of Arequipa on Sundays in Peru, for those of you who have been following me since my days in Peru. We ran for 20 minutes and then I had to stop and walk for a little bit, then we ran for 10 more minutes. We made a pit stop at the "beach" there (the fountains that you can play in) and rested and did some abs and push-ups, then walked home. I hung out for a little bit at home, ate lunch, watched Mi Chica (My Girl) on T.V. and then headed out to meet up with the teachers from my school. The teachers invited me and the other auxiliar out tonight.

We walked around for awhile and stopped in some stores. Both of the teachers bought boots, but I didn't buy anything. I might go to the markets again tomorrow though and buy some things to decorate my room. We stopped at a place to have a drink and then walked around for a little bit. They showed us some places that I hadn't seen yet, but I have heard about. I didn't get any pictures, but I will see the locations again and take pictures. We then stop at another place for "dinner" and a drink. I say "dinner" because they eat very small dinners here. There main meal is lunch, so all we ate was a small sandwich. While we were still at the restaurant, we saw A LOT of police and some helicopters. There was a demonstration of some sorts going on, but I don't know what for. I tried looking it up, but I haven't found it yet. I'll let you know if I found out what happened. Anyway, I arrived home around 11 p.m. and made dinner, which I know isn't really a good thing to eat that late, but oh well. When I got home, Lucia had two of her friends over from school, Claudia and Bella. They were really fun to talk to and they invited me to go out tonight, but I turned it down. I will go out with them some other night, but I definitely enjoyed talking to them!

Now, it's off to bed soon. Hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment