Sunday, October 20, 2013

Intercambio

Okay, so today was by far the laziest day I have ever had in Madrid, thus far. And really, I had the lazy day for no reason whatsoever. Haha. I have no school tomorrow and I'm kind of looking forward to another lazy-ish day. Anyway, today's blog is going to be rather short.

I got up this morning, made breakfast, and watched Criminal Minds episodes and the movie The Internship (which is good by the way). Made lunch, did some homework for school, which involved finding a song about autumn to teach the kindergartners and making Halloween bingo boards for our Halloween party that will be coming up in two weeks.

I finally started to look presentable at around 4 p.m. and went to an intercambio at 7 p.m. An intercambio is a language exchange where a bunch of people meet at a bar/café and practice the language that they want to learn. For example, I went there looking to practice Spanish with native speakers and those same people went to practice English, with a native speaker, like myself. It was really fun and I will definitely be doing one again. There are intercambios throughout the whole week at different locations. I just have to find the time in my schedule to go to them. This one on Sunday seems like it would be a good fit in my schedule. Anyway, at the intercambio, I met five Spaniards and it was cool to talk to all of them. We talked about movies, TV shows, music, our travels, jobs, bullfighting, etc. FYI, bullfighting is a big thing here, but most Spaniards don't like it. Not the ones I've talked to anyway. For example, I asked three people tonight about it and said I wanted to go to it at least once and they all thought I was nuts.

Anyway, I took the metro home, ate dinner, talked to my mom and sister on the phone and now I'm about to go to bed. Just by reading this blog, it's hard to think that I did this little in the 16ish hours that I've been awake, but I guess that just proves how lazy today really was. Hope you all had great Sundays. Go Cowboys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment