Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Siempre pasta

Okay, I am going to write this blog rapidly and still make sure to get everything in that needs to be said. Okay, so start time is 11:45 p.m. let's see how long this takes me to write. Usually awhile, because I get distracted. Anyway, once again, I got up early because of the potential train strike and once again, I was good on time. Although, while on the train, they made an announcement that the trains will be less frequent tomorrow, but I already checked the modified schedule and it doesn't seem like it will be a problem still. Anyway, at school today, we worked on Halloween stuff again. I was with different classes than yesterday so we pretty much did the same things. They listened to the Big Green Monster song, colored masks, etc. By the way, I can not thank my cooperating teachers enough for teaching me how to use technology. We went to the computer room this morning to watch the video/song on the Promethean Board and some time was wasted trying to figure out how to use it, because the teacher had never utilized it before. Luckily, since I spent a whole quarter using Promethean, I was able to get it up and running in a matter of seconds. Thank you student teaching. :) Which brings me to another point that I think I might have made before...I work in three classes. One has a active whiteboard and the other two do not and the difference in student engagement is unbelievable. Anyway, the Promethean Board that we went to this morning was in a computer room that doesn't seem to be utilized a lot by students and, it's my opinion, that the board would be better in a classroom. I realize that it's probably in the computer room so that all classes can use it if need be, but it just seems way under utilized and you can really do some great stuff with that board. I told my co-teacher this and she said that I could teach her how to use it! I'm excited!

Anyway, I can't really think of anything else that was worth telling from school, although I'm sure that there is something I am forgetting. I had my long night of private classes after school. All of them went well and I learned about the four types of volcanoes. All I realized again just how hard it is to learn English, gah. Also, I remembered how much I hate winter when it gets dark at 6:12 p.m.! Ridiculous! Also, it's actually starting to get pretty chilly here. It's in the lower 50s and I might consider taking out my winter coat soon, but I really don't wanna, especially since it's really really hot on the public transportation. Although walking from school, to lesson, to other lesson, to train station was chilly tonight. Once I got home, at about 10 p.m., I made dinner because I was SO hungry. While making my dinner, Lucia commented that I always eat the same thing..noodles and sauce. And, it's true. Haha. I told her it's because it's cheap, quick, and I like noodles. I can cook other things, but I don't like taking the time to do it. I don't have to sit in the kitchen and watch the water boil. I can multitask, which I do A LOT. She said she would go shopping with me sometime to help me pick out other cheap and quick meals. I told her that she is welcome to help me anytime. :) I haven't gotten sick and tired of pasta yet though, even though I eat it at least 6 times a week. I love pasta and carbs, and that's pretty much what my diet has consisted of since I've been here, but I do have an occasional apple, yogurt, and my daily turkey sandwich. AND my very American egg for breakfast! :)

I turned on El Hormiguero to watch, but I'm not going to lie, I didn't watch a single second of it. I was trying to figure out the rest of this weekend and figuring out bank stuff. I have decided to go to Granada this weekend. The transportation, hostel, and tourist pass are now all booked. whew. And now I can stop thinking about it for now. As for bank stuff, the bank has my debit card so I have to go pick it up before I leave this weekend. This means I have to pick it up before school tomorrow, so I had to figure out when the bank is open because it's at different times than in the U.S. Here, my bank at least, is open from 8:30 to 2:30. These are very inconvenient times if you ask me, but whatever. I'm just glad that I can go right at 8:30 before I catch the train to school. To be honest though, having the card won't do me much good until I get paid, which will hopefully be tomorrow. Boy, that will be a glorious day. Although soon after I will have to say goodbye to some of it for the real life expenses of rent and gastos (electricity, water, etc.). Real life is good and sucks at the same time, just saying. :P No, really though..it may be stressful here at times, but it is going really well so far! I am now excited for this weekend, rather than stressed and I found out that I might get to see Tonisha this weekend in Granada! For those of you who didn't follow my blog while I was in Peru, I met Tonisha there and we traveled together the whole time. She's my favorite. :)

Okay, I think that's all I have to say today, even though I am probably missing some things, it is time for bed. I have to get up early and go to the bank tomorrow. It is 12:15 p.m. (half hour, not bad). Good night! Have sweet dreams! Hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment