Saturday, October 19, 2013

Problemas con metro

Okay, so today (actually yesterday) started out pretty well. I get to sleep in a little on Fridays and arrive later to school, but this morning I arrived extra late because of the metro. I got on it (and remember I only go two stops away) and I got to the second stop and it stopped for a long time, with the annoying dinging of the door going and going. A woman got off the train and went to the front of the platform and asked what was going on, then came back to tell us that none of the signals were working on the line and that they didn't know when they were going to get them running again. So I got off the train, knowing at this point I would be late and asked which bus to take to the station. I was told that there were no bus stops near so I would have to walk back to where I had just came from. So, that's what I did. I walked to where I had just got on the metro to go to the train station. You may be thinking, couldn't you have just walked straight to the station you needed? Yes, I could've, but it's through a park with a lot of pathways and it was definitely going to take longer, so I opted for taking the bus. I arrived twenty minutes late to school, which stinks, but it wasn't a huge deal, because I called to let them know. Plus, the teacher I was with forgot that I was even supposed to be there. :) I had the one class, then delicious breakfast, then a kindergarten class.

And then, I had a class with some of the teachers. This was my first teacher's class. The teachers are split up into three different language levels and so the classes will rotate throughout the weeks. So I will have the same group every three weeks, which stinks when you think about trying to learn a language and only having class every three weeks, but I'm going to try my hardest to help them improve! The first class went pretty well, I think. I did a small presentation on myself, just so they would know who I am and where I come from and to see if they understood everything. Then we did two truths and a lie, which is when you say two things that are true about yourself and one thing that is a lie and then everyone guesses which one you're lying about. Then, we just had a discussion of why they are taking the class and what they wanted to learn in the class, because I want to make sure that I am teaching them things that are beneficial to them.

Anyway, I went home (the metro worked) and hung out for awhile. The repairman was at the place fixing the fridge, which is fantastic because it is now cold! And after he left, I did absolutely nothing. I watched Grey's Anatomy and five different TED Talks. Then, later in the evening, I went to Stephanie's to hang out with her and Karin. Then, I called it a night. Hope you all had great Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment