Monday, October 28, 2013

Fútbol español

On Saturday, I went for a 3.5 mile run with Stephanie and Karin. It was hard, but good. I'm glad to be running with people because I would've stopped running long before they did without them. We also did a little more of a workout after we ran, which was fun. Then we went our separate ways, got cleaned up, and met again for some more tapas at Tapapiés, the tapas tour that has been going on all week. We met up with a friend, Jesse, from Australia, who Stephanie and I originally met at the hostel over a month ago. We all chose one tapa to try, so I tried four different tapas. They were all really good and, to be honest, I think my favorite one was the one I picked with Karin's pick in a close second. :) Once again, I have put the pictures, names, origin, ingredients, and my rating of each tapa below.
La Entrañable
Argentina-Portugal
Skirt steak and Oporto sauce
Really good!
Barquitapa
Greece
Feta cheese, roasted pepper, sweet pickle, chives,
balsamic sauce, sesame seeds, and wheat bread
It was okay, but feta cheese creeps me out
Kartoffelknodel de queso vegano
Murcia-Almería-Germany
Potato, flour, margarine, soy milk, yeast,  and spices
Good
Pizza vegana
Italy
Barbecue sauce, ciabatta bread, tomato, red and green peppers,
mozzarella, onion, salt, pepper, and paprika
Good
After the tapas, we walked to the nearby ice cream place that we have now been to three times and got some dessert, which was delicious! Then, we had an hour or so before we had to meet some more friends at a bar to watch the big football (soccer) game, so we decided to walk there and after a couple of detours and a short ride on the metro, we ended up walking an additional 3.5 miles to the bar. Once at the bar we sat down and relaxed and waited for the game between Real Madrid and Barcelona to start. We ordered hamburgers, fries, and a drink because that was the special for the night. The food wasn't bad, but they totally have a different concept of how many fries to give in comparison to the U.S. Haha, needless to say, I wanted more fries. Also, the burger wasn't bad, but it was definitely still "mooing," which isn't my favorite, but that's okay. We were really there to watch the game, not enjoy the food, haha. Okay, so just to give you a small rundown on soccer (aka football) in Spain..(disclosure: I don't know a lot) Madrid has two soccer teams, Real Madrid and Atlético. I would say Real Madrid is the more popular of the two and Atlético is the underdog. (Although, Atlético did beat Real Madrid last week) Anyway, Karin, Stephanie, and I have already decided to be Atlético fans because they are the underdog, Karin's roommate likes them, and we run past their stadium sometimes, so naturally I wouldn't want to root for Real Madrid, but really I didn't want to root for Barcelona either, but it became instantly clear that I should join the crowd in that bar in Madrid and root for Real Madrid. I don't even think there was a Barcelona fan in the bar, but if there was, they were smart to keep their cheering down. :) The game was a good one, however Real Madrid lost 2-1, which wasn't good for the fans in that bar, but it was a fun atmosphere to be in during the game.

After the game, we took a quick trip to the English bookstore for a language exchange, but once we got there, we decided we didn't really want to be there so we went back to Karin's house and popped in a movie. The movie choice on Saturday was American Beauty. It was a weird movie! But, I can see why it is a classic, why it won Oscars, and why people like it..but it was weird. I was able to catch the bus home, even though it's not that far of a walk, I didn't feel like walking anymore. Once home, I skyped my boyfriend and then it was off to bed. Saturday night/Sunday morning Spain had daylight savings time, so there is now only a six hour difference between me and home. However, next week the time changes in the U.S. so it will be back to seven. Anyway, my Saturday was awesome and that's one more blog in the books. Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment