Monday, October 28, 2013

Mmm..patatas

Once again I apologize for taking so long to blog. I will try and make up all of them today. Let{s start with Friday. Friday was a pretty good day, but it was rainy. It rained quite a few times last week and, for some reason, I thought Madrid was Lima and I didn't pack an umbrella when I came here. I have thought about buying an umbrella, but then I just figure by the time I buy one it will stop raining so much. Or I might buy one and then forget to bring it places with me. Haha. So long story short, I got rained on a little bit on Friday, but it wasn't too bad.

Once I got to school, I had two classes: a 1st grade English class and a kindergarten class. Fridays are pretty simple since I go in late and go home early. After the two regular classes, I had to give a teachers' class. The teachers had a meeting at the school before the class so the class started a half hour late. Also, there were supposed to be seven teachers there and only two showed up. The class went okay, but the group of teachers I taught on Friday are at a beginning level of English. It should be a good challenge for me, because I will have to find a balance between creating challenging, but not too simple childish lessons. Should be fun, but there is definitely a range of English levels amongst the staff.

After the shortened teachers' class, I went home on the train and took a detour to pick up maps from the Tapapiés tour in Lavapiés. I wanted a couple souvenir maps to add to my collection and one to hang up on my wall. Once I got home, Karin and I met up to go on a run in Madrid Río. It was a shorter run than we usually do, but that was alright with me. After the run, we stopped at my place briefly, then went on to Karin's place to hang out for a bit and make dinner. After that, Karin and I ventured on over to Stephanie's place with intentions of playing cards. We didn't play any card games together, but we did demolish two bags of chips and hung out with one of her roommates, Juanja, for a little bit. That was pretty much my Friday, nothing too exciting happened. The most exciting thing was probably buying the two bags of chips and demolishing them like three cheetahs fighting over gazelles. Also, in the process of buying the chips, we took an astronomical amount of time trying to figure out what kinds to get and we were definitely making the lady at the counter suspicious of us. She definitely thought we were plotting to steal them or something, I'm sure. It was kind of funny and I'm sure us walking out of the store laughing didn't make us seem any less suspicious. Don't worry we paid for everything. And it was a good night. How was your Friday? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment