Monday, October 31, 2011

Lunahuaná (Día 2)

Tonisha crossing the river :)
Yesterday (Sunday) morning Tonisha and I got up early and met with everyone else to got trekking in the morning.  We started our trek by crossing the Cañete river and we didn't cross it by walking across a bridge or even walking through it.  Instead, we crossed it using this interesting rope system.  It was pretty much a slab of wood that was attached by rope and a zipline to each side of the river.  It took us all awhile to cross the river, but once we did, we started an hour and a half trek.  Luckily, it wasn't too strenuous.  It was pretty relaxing and the landscape was beautiful.  Also, we saw a mummy in the ground on the way.

After our trek, we went back to the hotel and ate a delicious breakfast.  There were rolls and butter with eggs and bacon.  Well, I love rolls and butter and I'm pretty sure I had at least seven rolls. :)  Also, there was wonderful juice. :)  After breakfast, we all went swimming at the outdoor hotel pool!  It was great!  I did more laying out then swimming, but I had a wonderful nap in the sun!!  After the fun pool time, we headed out to go horseback riding.  My horses name was Cristina.  She was a good horse.  However, she kept trying to pass the horse in front of us and she was trying to pass on the outside of the cliff and it was freaking me out a little.  It was a pretty short ride, but it was just enough that my butt didn't hurt too bad by the time we were done.

We then ate some lunch and I had some chicken and french fries.  It was delicious!  We went back to the hotel and packed up our bags and took a nap before going to ride four wheelers.  We were actually almost late getting up from our naps, but luckily we're in Perú so late is still okay.  Four-wheeling was fun and terrifying at the same time. :)  It was actually pretty low key so you don't have to worry about my safety, but we did still wear helmets.  We actually wore helmets for everything we did this weekend, so we were safer than we could've been. :)

After four-wheeling, we got on the bus and headed out!  It was a pretty long ride and I was exhausted, but couldn't really sleep.  One exciting thing that happened was that we stopped at a gas station and I got a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  I haven't seen those here yet so it was delicious!  Also, we got to see the sunset, which was gorgeous.  The sun looked huge!  Once at home, I just relaxed and wrote my blog.  I was exhuasted and I still kind of am.  I haven't quite recovered from the long weekend.  Anyway, I hope you all had great weekends, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment