Tuesday, October 25, 2011

El libro de la selva

So today when I went downstairs to eat my delicious eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice our doors were being put back on.  They are all freshly painted and looking great!!  On the micro this morning I got to sit in the front seat for the second day in a row!  How crazy is that?!  It's so exciting and it's right up in all of the action.  If we were ever to run into something, I would be the first to know. :)  Ballet was good today as always!  I don't know if you knew this, but the best way to learn is by listening and then doing.  I listen to my professor so much, even when she's not giving criticism to me.  I like hearing what she's telling other people to do.  The part where the process breaks down is the doing part.  Sometimes my body doesn't listen to what my brain is telling it to do, but it will get there someday.

After ballet, I ate my lunch and did some homework until my cine class.  You'll never believe it, but we watched El Libro de la Selva (The Jungle Book) today in class.  I haven't seen that movie forever, so it automatically put me in a good mood by watching it!  The discussion after the movie started out a little slow because after all what can you say about a movie that was meant for kids, but then we were able to discuss more as the class period went on.  We actually watched the Spanish version rather than the original English version, which is odd for that class because obviously you would expect for us to watch the original.  But, our professor explained it like this...He has seen several Walt Disney in both English and Spanish and he said that The Jungle Book is the only one that has been better in Spanish, so that's why he showed us the Spanish version.  Apparently Baloo was dubbed by the voice of Tin Tan, who is known as one of the best Mexican comedians ever.  Anyway, you know how I am with my Disney movies being in Spanish, so of course I have to share a video with you...
Anyway, an interesting/exciting (for me) thing happened on the micro tonight, well despite paying 1.50 (because I didn't feel like getting off or arguing).  Anyway, back to the story, a person got on the micro to sell candy and I could tell right away that his accent was different.  Go me!  Luckily, in his introduction he told us all that he was from Venezuela.  I felt really proud of myself.  I never thought I would be able to recognize the different Spanish accents, but it was actually really easy.  Since I've been home I really haven't been doing anything.  My mom and I had a nice dinner today and I got to skype some friends and family, so I'd say I had a pretty good night!  Also, I took a look at PeruFail.com today so I have some pictures for you're enjoyment. :)




Also, it's Music Martes!!  So this weeks song has a story behind it.  I've heard it on the radio sooo many times, but I couldn't figure out the name of it because I kept hearing llamaré, well come to find out they are saying te amaré.  Luckily, I have an awesome friend, Tonisha, who has a good Spanish ear and she was able to figure it out.  So, here's the song for the week Te Amaré by Huey Dunbar. 
Anyway, one last thing for the evening.  One important thing that I learned today was that if something is bothering you, talk about it.  It's always the best option.  Even if it's something small, just talking about it with anyone helps you make sense of things or can make you feel better.  If you don't like talking, then try journeling. :)  Anyway, I hope you had wonderful days!  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment