Sunday, October 2, 2011

Otro día tranquilo

So, what to talk about tonight...  Well Tonisha and I had the plan to do aerobics in Parque Kennedy today, but those plans fell through.  I slept in and Tonisha and I didn't really contact each other so we didn't go.  Maybe next week though.  I really am excited to check it out.  At first, I felt guilty for not going because of the brownie and ice cream I had last night, but then at lunch my host mom said she thought I had lost weight.  To me, that just seems strange because I'm eating sweets 24/7, but she said it was probably from dancing. If that's true, then I guess that should be a life lesson.  Stay active.  It's good for your health. :)  I still think she's crazy though.  I guess I'll never know though, well I won't know until I get back to the states anyway because having scales in the home is not a customary thing.  The only time I've ever seen a scale here was in the street.  A guy was taking money so that people could check there weight.  Next time, I see a guy like that I might have to take him up on his offer. ;)

Anyway, my host mom and I stayed in for lunch today since she's still sick, she actually is sounding better though.  We had a pretty quiet lunch though, I didn't want to make her talk to much.  In the late afternoon, I went to Café Z by myself in order to get some reading done for my Ethnography class.  I actually got a fair amount done.  At first, it was difficult to read because I was too busy trying to listen to Spanish conversations and I'm pretty sure the Shrek soundtrack was playing in the background, but then I was able to focus on the book.  The book is actually pretty interesting so far.  I'm just worried for the Spanish book that I have to read, too.  Plus, I still haven't figured out the whole PUCP library situation.  We get suspended every time a book is returned late.  Well, to avoid this you can renew the books online.  I went to renew my book online yesterday, however, since midterm week is this week, it's not permitted to renew books online (which, of course, I didn't know).  It's quite frustrating actually, because I don't have Ethnography at all this week, because we're supposed to dedicate the time to reading our two books.  Well, not that I would've actually spent that time reading, but still now I don't have the option because I'm going to be suspended from the library for a couple of days.  It's pretty frustrating, but I'm not too worried about finishing the books (yet).

For dinner, my host mom and I stayed in again and she made this chicken that I really like and we had more of a conversation.  Her voice is getting so much better.  She actually sounded pretty good tonight.  I'm hoping that I don't catch anything.  Apparently this is the time of the year in Perú where a lot of people get sick.  So far, I'm feeling great though.  Everything is going great so far, too.  I feel pretty accustomed here, but sometimes it hits me again that I'm in Perú!!  And I've been here for two months!  It's actually a pretty strange feeling.  I feel pretty comfortable here, but at the same time, I know it's not the United States.  I love it here, I love that the sun is coming out, and I love that I'm experiencing so much (and not missing out), but I know I will be excited to come home, too.  I hope that all of you are enjoying and loving your home right now, too.  Don't take home for granted!  Some people don't even have a place to call home.  We are all lucky to have homes, whether it be a physical place and/or the people that fill it.  Remember to thank God for the homes you have and thank Him for the people in your life.

Buenas noches. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment