Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sólo otro día

Okay, so first of all, thank you to all of you for "forcing me" to ask a girl in my ballet class to lunch!  Come to find out she lives in Miraflores, too, and she has Fridays off, as well.  So it's perfect, we're going to eat lunch this Friday somewhere in Miraflores.  It really wasn't scary at all, just kind of awkward because I'm not used to asking random people to go and get lunch, but I'm very excited for it now.  It will be great practice for my Spanish and also were both interested in dance so we shouldn't run out of conversation!  Anyway, I really am glad I told you guys about that or I probably wouldn't have done it on my own.  Thanks for holding me accountable. :)

Anyway, so ballet was great!  My day was actually great, in general.  I sat outside after lunch and read my Ethnography book and napped.  Unfortunately, it wasn't sunny, but it was still nice to read and nap outside.  In my book right now I just finished a section on the roles of the husband and wife in the Bajo Urubamba, which was interesting.  It's the man's job to hunt/fish and find a place to settle and it's the woman's job to make manioc beer for her husband and cook the food.  The book said that the man's job is not 'work,' but it is only 'searching,' but the woman's job requires 'work.'  That just made me smile.  The book did go on to explain some of the man's 'work,' but that's not important. :)

In Cine tonight, we watched Belle de Jour (Bella de día, Beauty of the day), a French movie.  It was a pretty interesting movie, kind of risqué, so I really don't know what to say about it.  I will say it was a little confusing because it switched from reality to fantasy and it was actually hard to follow which was which.  Anyway, while I was sitting in class, I was thinking that I really enjoy taking this class, because I love movies.  Also, so far I have watched movies from other countries that I haven't even heard of, so it's great!!

Anyway, sorry not much else happened today or tonight, but I hope you all are having amazing nights.  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment