Monday, October 24, 2011

Prom

Today, I woke up and got ready for class and then I tidied up my room a little bit because it got painted today as well.  And just so you know it's not getting painted any crazy color-only beige.  I'm pretty sure it's the same color as before, and it's just getting repainted because she's selling it in a few months since she is moving (she signed for the other apartment today).  She's very excited for the garden she'll have.

Anyway, I headed to school on the micro, where I got to sit in the passenger seat for the second time.  Again, I can't help but laugh that the people in the passenger seats have to wear their seatbelts.  In Peruvian Social Reality, we discussed the documentary that we watched last week on Chicha, a genre of music.  After that short discussion, we began to talk about the informal economy that Perú has.  We discussed many of the informal jobs that people have, like the street performers, street vendors, shoe shiners, empleadas, cobradors, etc.  There is a mountain of people in Perú that work in the informal economy.  It's acutally quite interesting, when you sit down and think about all of the informal jobs that exist in Perú.

After Peruvian Social Reality, Tonisha and I ate lunch on the grass until we were informed that a deer was heading our way and he definitely looked ready to attack in order to get our food.  Anyway, we moved to a table, finished our lunch, and then started to do some homework.  I had to write comics for Spanish which was kind of difficult, but I finished them and I thought that some of them were funny, but we'll see if my professor thinks so too.  I also proofread/revised my ethnography paper during the lunch period and then I headed to Spanish Writing Workshop.  Today, we worked on some subjunctive and if you've ever studied Spanish, you know that subjunctive is confusing to understand, but today's class still wasn't as frustrating as last week's class.

After Spanish Writing Workshop, I went to Ethnography and turned in my paper.  Today was our last three hour class to make up for all the classes we missed in the beginning of the semester, so I am excited to go back to two hour class next Monday.  Today, we talked about the economy and kinship in the Amazon.  It's kind of funny because I read about both economy and kinship in both of my books for that class, so I acutally knew some of the things already.  We talked about the Dravidio System, which is a way of seeing the geneology of your family.  This is obviously not customary in the United States, but in the Amazon, many people used to marry their cousins.

Anyway, tonight I had plans with Luis and Tonisha again.  Luis had three free movie theater tickets so he met Tonisha and I at PUCP and then we walked to the local theater.  We saw Contando a mis Ex (What's your Number).  It was a pretty funny movie!  I enjoyed it a lot and I also, of course, enjoyed the popcorn!  After the movie, we all went back to Miraflores and ate at a sandwich shop because popcorn wasn't a good enough dinner then we all went our separate ways.  I am now exhausted and ready for bed, but I had a great day and an awesome night!  I love the movies so much (too much!!).  I hope you all had great nights as well!  Dulces sueños!

No comments:

Post a Comment