Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

Okay, so today was another good day, however, I did have to get off the micro to get on another one this morning.  I know this is a little sexist, but I usually try to avoid the women cobradoras with good reason.  They are a little more..uh..catty.  So, yea I got on a micro and she was stubborn, so then I had to get off and get on a different one.  Once I got to school, I had ballet.  Ballet is always fun, but it was extra enjoyable today because of the music.  We did our exercises today to some Disney music today.  They were obviously all different arrangements, but some of the songs that we heard were "Colors of the Wind" from "Pocahontas," "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" from "Cinderella," and "Chim Chim Cher-ee" from "Mary Poppins."  I smiled everytime a new song came on because they reminded me of my childhood.  Also, a girl started singing one of them and obviously it was in Spanish, so I had to look it up when I got home.  So, here's a video for your enjoyment.

Anyway, after ballet, I ate my leftover lomo saltado! :)  Then, I spent my afternoon reading while waiting for my cine class.  Well, when the time for class rolled around, nobody was waiting outside of the door like usual.  I quickly realized that we didn't have class this week due to the fact that midterms are still going on.  So technically, I could've been home two hours before I actually got home, but it wasn't too big of a deal because I got some quality reading time in.  Right now, I am reading about the schools in the Bajo Urubamba and I actually read something really interesting that made me think.  It said this:  "There is a strong interest in making the children aware that they are peruanos, 'Peruvians.'  One man said, 'As a child, living here on the Urubamba, I didn't know about Peru.  I only knew about this little bit here.  But when I joined the army, I started to travel and it made me realize about our nation.'"  It really made me wonder how many people actually feel this way about their country.  Are there people in the United States that don't know their own nation?  I mean, I definitely wouldn't call myself an expert on the United States, but I at least understand that Roseville, Illinois is not the only place in the world.  It's so strange to think that some people literally have not been over 30 miles outside of their hometown.  If you are one of those people I challenge you to go the 31 miles.  It might end up being a great experience!!

Right now, I am sitting at home watching the Chile/Peru fútbol game on T.V., but unfortunately, they are losing 2-0.  Hopefully, they can come back, but we'll see.  Hey, that reminds me of another challenge for you.  Do something that you've never done before.  For those of you that know me, during my senior year of High school, I played soccer for the first time in my life on an all guys team.  It was one of the best and most memorable things in my life.  I learned so many lessons from my amazing coach and I would also say that playing on the team influenced me to have a bigger interest in Spanish.  Wow, that's crazy to think about... Had I not played soccer, would I even be here right now?  Talk about life changing experiences!  Anyway, yea, try something new!  It's good for you and your future!

I know that I keep saying this, but thank you again for reading my blogs!  I really don't feel like I can say it enough and I really don't think you understand just how happy it makes me to have readers!  Anyway, I do need to go, it's getting hard to blog and watch this game at the same time.  Peru is not doing so hot.  They just can't land the goals. :(  Maybe I'll have good news for you tomorrow though!!  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment