Monday, October 24, 2011

Un deseo al atardecer

Yesterday (Sunday), I didn't do too much.  I spent the morning relaxing and avoiding my paper that needed to be written (which is normal for me so don't be worried).  I have also tried several times to add the video that is missing from my "Cajón peruano" post, however it is still not cooperating.  I will keep trying and will inform you when it is up and functioning.

Anyway, my host mom and I usually go out for lunch on Sundays, but because of a slight miscommunication, we ate at home instead.  It was still good, plus we made up for it at dinner.  I went to Café Z after lunch for a little while to work on my Ethnography paper more/visit with Tonisha. :)  Also, or course I had to get dessert after lunch, but rather than getting my usual Frozen Fresa or brownie with ice cream, I tried their banana split.  If you were wondering, the banana splits here are teh same, however you can get different types of ice cream rather than just vanilla.  I got chocolate chip. :)

After some time at Café Z, I went back home and since my host mom and I didn't go out for lunch, we decided to go out for dinner instead.  We went to Pardo's Chicken, which is a favorite of mine and also the place where my host mom took me on the day that we met.  It's a really good place and they are famous for serving the typical Peruvian plate of pollo a la brasa y papas fritas amarillas (grilled chicken and yellow french fries).  Also, a cool thing about it is that the Pardo's Chicken we went to is at Larcomar (the mall that is two blocks away) and it sits in the side of the cliff, so the view of the ocean is amazing!  Also, we got to see the sunset and I learned that when the sun sets here in Perú, people make a wish at the moment when the last bit of sun goes below the horizon.  It seems that it is equivalent to people in the states making a wish when it is 11:11.  Anyway, long story short dinner was delicious and fun.

Once we got home from dinner, I sat down, turned on my TV (Spiderman 2 in Spanish was on), and did homework.  Now, I know that the TV seems like it would be a distraction from my homework, but in reality the silence was more distracting then the TV.  I couldn't focus with the silence so for once having the TV was actually beneficial.  I was able to get my paper done, however it was rather late when I finished it, which is why I was not able to write my blog yesterday, so I apologize.  However, homework is pretty important, but still I'm sorry for the late post.  I feel bad when I let you guys down because I know several of you start out your mornings by reading my blogs.  Anyway, I hope all of you had amazing weekends and Mondays because I had a rather nice/relaxing one. :)

3 comments:

  1. you ruined my monday because u didn't have a blog...and now you ruin my tuesday because i have TWO to read....way to go! lol jk. i just make up my own adventures of you when you don't post a blog like hmm....maybe today she met another sloth and adoped it or maybe she rode a llama and thats why she is too busy to post her blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to post a funny comment, but nothing i post will be better than taylor's comment haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish blogspot had a LIKE button for Taylor's comment. : )
    Love, Kayla

    ReplyDelete