Saturday, October 1, 2011

Helado

So yesterday morning (Friday) I did absolutely nothing.  But, my afternoon was packed full of excitement.  Tonisha, Emily, and I went to Deporte y Vida for the final day of Semana Primaveral (Spring Week).  But, before I headed there, one of the saddest things happened.  I got an ice cream cone with two scoops.  One scoop of chocolate chip and one of lúcuma.  As I was walking and eating the first scoop of lúcuma, I got almost done with it and I was so excited for the upcoming chocolate chip scoop when it fell off the cone and onto the ground.  I exclaimed "¡No, qué triste!"  This was pretty funny because a guy was walking next to me and just started laughing.  I, of course, was laughing, too, but it was sooo sad.  Good thing I was heading to Deporte y Vida, so I knew that would cheer me up.

At Deporte y Vida, the kids were crazy!  Not really "crazy," they were just very excited that it was a fun day.  We got there and helped a few kids with their homework, but then it was time to play.  The time went by so fast.  Everyone split off into a different section and played different things.  There was hopscotch, jumping rope, foosball, musical chairs, potato sack races, and dancing.  Tonisha and I manned the musical chairs station to make sure noone was killed, while Emily did the more difficult job of swinging the jump rope for a huge group of kids.  Now, pictures!!!

Hopscotch

Potato sack race

Foosball

Jump rope

Dance competition

The previous picture was taken by one of the little girls at Deporte y Vida.  They are all fascinated by cameras and wanted to take pictures so right now I do have a lot of random pictures on my camera, but at least they had a blast!  Also, I got called "Andreita" there today.  -ita is a diminutive form that you can put on the end of any word to make it smaller or using it with a name is kind of a term of endearment.  Example: perro (dog), perrito (little dog), Andreita (little Andrea, or a term of endearment).  It made me smile because I've never had the diminutive used with my name.  Also, here's the video that I tried to load from yesterday...


Of course, after Deporte y Vida, Tonisha and I got ice cream since I was devastated from my previous experience.  It was worth it.  I had this delicious chocolate ice cream that had brownie in it.

Last night, I went to a vino y queso (wine and cheese) party at the house of all the UW-Wisconsin girls' house.  It was really fun.  We started out the night speaking Spanish which was good practice for us, but then unfortunately we switched to English.  It was a good time though and they have a nice house with a terrace on the roof, which we hung out at.  Today so far again, I've done nothing, but a little homework, but maybe the day will get more exciting.  Also, Happy Homecoming to Carthage!!  Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment