Saturday, October 22, 2011

Café Z

Okay, so I'm apologizing again for the late blog, but I like being able to share the whole day, so if I post it early, then you don't get to hear about my night, too.  Anyway, yesterday (Friday), when I woke up, our whole house was being painted.  My host mom just informed me this past week that she is signing for a new apartment on Monday.  She will be moving a couple of blocks away to the same apartment building as her daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren and she will have a garden.  She's very excited about it.  I won't be here when she moves though.  I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Anything, after lunch, I went to Café Z.  I was there for a couple hours and then Tonisha showed up.  I was planning on doing a lot of homework, but that didn't happen. :/  I was there for a total of about five hours and I barely got anything done, but I'm still not worried yet.  I still have today and tomorrow to finish things. :)  Once I was done at Café Z, I had about an hour at my house before I had to meet up with Tonisha again.  Tonisha and I met up with Luis again and went to dinner.  We went to a Pollo a la Leña (chicken cooked over fire) place and it was delicious!  It was soooo good and it came with salad too and I love salad!  I don't eat a ton of salad here so I'm so happy when I get it. :)

After dinner, we headed to Indy's house.  She lives by the university so it was a trek, but it was worth it because it was her birthday.  She loved having us all there and it was fun for all of us, too.  Her and her friends are all great, so it was a blast!  Also, I showed them all how to jerk, which if you don't know what that is, it's a popular street dance from the United States.  I don't think it compares to their salsa or reggaeton, but oh well.  It was a good night and today has been good so far as well, but you'll have to wait to hear about today until later.  I hope all of your Saturdays are going well, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment