Thursday, November 14, 2013

Un desmadre

My day was again filled with fun. I probably should start writing down all of the little and exciting things that happen in every class, but I never really know what is worth putting in the blog. For example, do you really need to know that the students were crazy today. I had students coloring all outside of the lines like madmen and one student who refused to put on his coat. The defiance of most students is shocking. What I witnessed today would SOOO would not fly in most schools in the U.S. You would definitely be sent to talk to the principal and your parents would most likely be told. I really don't think either of those happened today, but I really don't know for sure. That's a negative about only being an assistant. I am not included in on any family matters, really don't interact with the parents at all. It is kind of unfortunate, but it also makes my life easier.

Anyway, after school, I had three lessons that went great! The first one was really funny and I feel like the boy and I talked about stuff that we probably shouldn't have. For example, somehow the death penalty got brought up and he asked my opinion on it...haha. I feel like that is territory that I shouldn't discuss with a student, so I deflected the question back to him first and found out that he is pro-electric chair. I told him that I didn't think the electric chair was still used, but now after reading Wikipedia, apparently it is still an option in some states. He will be so excited to hear that. Haha. After that lesson, I met with his brother for a little bit and we talked about his "village." I have used this term a lot here and I asked about it not to long ago. A person's village is the place where he/she goes on holidays/vacations, usually it is where your grandparents live. So when I am having lessons, when I ask "What did you do last weekend?" I frequently get the answer "I went to my village." I think the concept of having a "village" is pretty cool and it's such a home-y and comforting word. :) Anyway, after that I had one more lesson with a 12-year-old girl and we talked about her drawing class and her Christmas dance recital at school that they have every other year and we did a few listening activities because that's what she says she struggles in the most.

Then, it was off to my apartment. The night started off pretty well. I ate dinner and was getting stuff done and then BAM! there was pandemonium! I just got really stressed out and annoyed and had 50 things going on in my head at one time and just got so busy! I feel better now, but it took awhile for me to calm down and actually get some things accomplished, so now it is 1:42 a.m. and I meant to be in bed a long time ago. Whoops. Oh well, tomorrow today is a new day, so I will go to bed, wake up refreshed (hopefully), and will get more things accomplished tomorrow. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment