Sunday, November 24, 2013

El lado bueno de las cosas

This morning I went to the Rastro with Stephanie and Karin. For those of you who don't remember, the Rastro is a street market that is open every Sunday. I went with possibility of buying something, but with no intentions to buy anything, but I ended up getting a scarf because it was cheap and I am already tired of wearing the only two scarves that I brought with me. I also saw many other things that I wanted to buy, but didn't. However, I did decide that I wanted to buy another sweater, because it is getting chilly here now, but instead of buying it at the Rastro, I bought it at a chino. I actually had a whole outfit picked out, but Stephanie and Karin helped talk me out of it, because it wasn't a necessity. Really the sweater wasn't a necessity either, but it was so cute and simple and it will definitely keep me warm. :) I think we already planned to go again to the Rastro next week. It's hard to go and not buy something. I have to at least wait for my next paycheck though. I am broke after buying all of my plane tickets for Christmas.

Anyway, this afternoon a girl came to look at the apartment because we still are looking for a new roommate. She is English, which isn't ideal because I would like another native-Spanish speaker here, however we're not going to turn her away if she doesn't want the place. We still have our English and Spanish days, so hopefully she would join in on that.

Other than that tonight has been really relaxed. I got to Skype my family, I watched Silver Linings Playbook, and I am going to fall asleep watching Up.

On another note, Madrid's streets are slightly cleaner. It has it's good days and bad days, but I have seen some cleaners here and there. Also, I promise to have the Valencia post up tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment