Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Más planes

Okay, so today I had classes. All went really well. The students were really fidgety and seemed anxious today, but we all made it through the day. :) The students are starting to learn food vocabulary as well as still practicing the vocabulary for the body. I love hearing the students starting to use words here and there in English. For example, a student asked today if we were going to work in the book and instead of asking all in Spanish, she said "Vamos a hacer book?" Haha. It made me happy. Other than that, after school, I had my language exchange with the teacher at my school. Like I've said before, two hours is not enough time to learn what we both need to learn. I have no idea how anyone can become fluent in another language! There's still so much to learn! And I'm even learning about English again. :) For example, why is it that when we use the word "may" with "I" or "we" it is a polite way to ask a question? (Like "May I/we use the computer?"). However, if you use "may" with "he/she," "you," or "they" it is used to make a wish. (Like, "May you find happiness.) So confusing and hard to figure out when you get asked on the spot. Plus, this whole British English thing always throws me for a loop. Also, what is the difference between "everyone" and "everybody" or is there one? On another note, I like learning more about the Spanish culture. For example, their meals. They have desayuno, almuerzo, comida, merienda, and cena. When learning Spanish, students in the U.S. always learn that almuerzo means lunch, but really here it is a snack. Comida is actually lunch here, although it generally means food. My teacher and I decided that U.S. students learn it as "lunch" because technically it is still eaten at noon and that is when lunch is eaten in the U.S.; but here, it is just a snack and then their actual lunch (comida) is eaten at 2 p.m. It's really an interested cultural difference.

Anyway, once I got home, I had to eat dinner and then I could have went to the intercambio tonight, but I skipped it for the second week in a row. I know I should be going, but I am also making the most of my time here at home. I got some more planning done for Thanksgiving and for Christmas break. I still have a lot to plan and figure out so I need all the time that I can get. I probably should make my Mondays more productive than they have been, but I like having those lazy days. However, I need to remind myself that I need to figure out logistics and budgets for Christmas break, so I will start doing that every once in awhile, when I get the chance. Speaking of, I am going to do that now. :) Have a good night. I will talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment