Monday, November 18, 2013

Es difícil inventar títulos

Okay, so today was my day off and it seemed long, but I got some things done-ish. And although done-ish doesn't seem like a good thing, it was still important and I was taking a step in the right direction to get things done. :) I started my morning by relaxing and eating breakfast. Then, I left to meet Stephanie to go get our pictures taken. Yep, that's right. Today was picture day. :) Not for school or anything, I had to get some pictures for my TIE, that ridiculous foreigner identification card that I keep talking about. My appointment for that is on Thursday..woohoo, so I think I am already ready for that...I think. The only unfortunate thing about having my appointment on Thursday is that I won't get to have my private lessons. So, I am missing out on a little extra money, but at least it's for an important thing. Because without my TIE, I will get deported. Haha.

Anyway, once I got home, I grabbed my grocery sacks (because you have to bring your own or pay for them) and I went grocery shopping. I believe I have mentioned this before and it probably won't be the last time I mention it, but grocery shopping is SO stressful. Not the actual shopping part, but the checking out. It hasn't gotten any easier/less stressful on me. Imagine you're at a store, you can only get as much as you can carry in the two big bags you bring to the store...Now imagine that you have to bag your own bags and pay at the same time...all the while, trying to hurry up so that you don't hold up the people behind you. Seriously, it's stressful. I feel like it shouldn't be, but it is. Trying to pay, trying to hurry, trying to not squish any bread or break any eggs (done both already), etc. And then, I feel like an idiot walking down the street with two overly filled bags of groceries while carrying other things that didn't fit in the bags. I don't think it will get any easier.

Anyway, after shopping, I ate lunch and started to research travel things for Christmas break. Also, I took a paper level test in order to enroll in a Spanish class. I tried going to a different place for lessons, but they couldn't really accommodate my schedule so I found another place that I think will work out. This afternoon I went to the school and met the coordinator and he seemed pretty cool and I already feel like I will learn a lot so I will be starting next Monday night, most likely. Once I got home from that, I did my weekly Monday cleaning and some laundry. I will say that our science experiment of a pumpkin is still on our terrace. Haha, I think it's to the point where we should just continue to let it decay all year...maybe not though.

Anyway, I started to blog about the weekend and then that just didn't happen. So still no Valencia blog, sorry. It will come though, don't worry. Tonight, a girl came over to talk about Christmas break. Stephanie and Karin have their own plans for Christmas break, so I posted on a website (one that is made up of teachers, like me) that I was looking for travel buddies for Christmas. I found a few people and one of them was able to come over to start planning tonight. So far, this is what we have. I'm going to Sevilla with Lucia until Christmas then going to Barcelona. Then, the original plan was to go to Prague for New Year's, then to Budapest, but Prague is pretty well booked already and super expensive, so we decided to switch them and go to Budapest for New Year's, then to Prague. So that's the plan right now, but also now I am thinking about cutting Prague out completely because it seriously jacks up the prices a lot on my vacations. I might try and choose a completely different place to go. Anyway, that's that. That was my day. Didn't book any planes, trains, or automobiles yet, but we are full swing into the planning process and it's pretty fun. Hope you all had good Mondays. Again, I'm sorry I didn't get to the Valencia post. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment