Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Though

Okay, I feel like I have been running non-stop all day and that I have a lot to do and so little time to do it! Wish me luck. :) It's 11:24 p.m. Let's see if I can write this with no distractions and in record time.

First of all, in my rapid blog last night, I forgot to mention a random point I wanted to make about the word "though." Pretty sure I blogged about this word when I was in Peru, too, because it was mentioned to me while I was there. Somebody had asked me what the word meant and I didn't have an answer for them. And to this day, I still don't. The word "though" was brought to my attention again last night at the language exchange when an Ecuador-born, Spanish-raised, lived-in-Norway guy mentioned to me that he knows for sure if a US American is talking to him when they drop the word "though" into a lot of sentences. I think it's true and funny! I don't know what it means though. :)

Anyway, onto today, I had a full day of classes. I'm really glad the school gives us breakfast because I walked out of the apartment with only a handful of nuts, not really because I was late, but because I didn't have time to eat a proper breakfast. I honestly haven't had time all week because I have felt that sleep is more important. Especially since I have been going to bed super-late. Whoops. Anyway, I had the same old day as any. The first graders are still learning about body parts and many of them have everything down and it's so great to see that! And one of the classes that is not as well-behaved did pretty well today. Also, I love it when they try to teach me Spanish...so cute and yet, I also think they have lost some marbles because clearly I am comprehending them in Spanish and answering their questions. Tehe. Silly children. I am waiting for them to find me out or to catch on. Also, I had a kindergarten class today, but during class they had a rehearsal for the Castañada on Friday. I still haven't quite figured out the origin of this Chestnut party, but anyway, the students were rehearsing how to line up properly with their partner and in a straight line.

After school, I had my long evening of lessons. All of them went well. I wish I could elaborate more, but we talk about a plethora of stuff during each lesson, so I would never be able to remember it all or have the time to write it all down. The jist of it is that I get to help these amazing students learn English. :) You would think it would be strange sitting for an hour and talking to an 8-12 year old, but it's actually entertaining and the conversation seems to somehow keep going. Anyway, those lessons end at 9 p.m. and I got home around 9:45 p.m. Then, I sat down for a few minutes just to read e-mails, but had no time to respond, because I decided that I probably should eat dinner, then we got a call from someone to visit the apartment, so she came around 10:30 p.m. while my dinner was still cooking, then I ate, then I started talking to people about this weekend, a Thanksgiving feast we're planning, Christmas break traveling, my identification card that I have an appointment for next week, where to go during our 4-day weekend at the beginning of December, etc. See, long list of things, so little time in the day. But isn't that always the case? Although it may seem like I am complaining, I am actually pretty fortunate to even have the opportunity to do all of these things. I am glad that all I have to worry about is choosing places to visit during Christmas break. There are a lot worse things out there. Plus, staying busy keeps me from missing home. There are so many new things that happen everyday and so many opportunities to reflect, so I am busy, yes, but I am happy also. Now, it is time to go. Maybe I'll start making that important list of things to do. :) Have a good night! Hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment