Sunday, November 3, 2013

Las aventuras de Stanley el Plano

What was my day devoted to? My day was devoted to going around Madrid and showing Flat Stanley all the cool places to hang out! My cousin sent me Flat Stanley all the way from Charlotte, North Carolina, and I think I had more fun with him then she will have after receiving him again. I explained Flat Stanley to my roommate and she wanted to join me on my journey. We had a lot of fun with it and we both can't wait to hear how well it goes over in the class. I have an awesome roommate who wanted to join me. I finished creating/coloring Stanley this morning and then we left a little after noon to go on our adventure! We started at Puerta del Sol (the center of Madrid), walked over to the Royal Palace, then up Gran Vía (the most famous street in Madrid) to Retiro Park, then bused it to the Real Madrid football stadium. It was a really fun day and we were exhausted by the end of it, even though it was only 3ish hours. See the pictures below of everything that Flat Stanley got to see today!
Before taking the metro
On the metro
At the symbol of Madrid statue at Sol
At Kilometer marker zero in Sol

Plaza Mayor
Cathedral
Royal Palace
Lucia and I at the Royal Palace with Flat Stanley
Flat Stanley meeting his new friend
and dance partner, María
Stanley and the Spanish Flag
At Plaza España in front of the Cervantes statue
At the start of Gran Vía
Plaza Cibeles
Town hall
Puerta de Alcalá
At Retiro Park, Madrid's biggest park
Feeding the fish in the pond
At the Real Madrid soccer stadium
In front of the famous skyscrapers of Madrid
On the bus ride home
So there you have it. Lucia, Stanley, and I had a lot of fun today! When we got home, we ate lunch which was at 4ish p.m. Whoops. I also got the chance to talk to both of my grandmas, my grandpa, my mom, and my dad! It was a great day to talk to family and I also worked on uploading Stanley pictures and creating another little project. Stanley's new found friend from today, María, got flattened! She shall now be called, María la Plana...
After an eventful day out, I relaxed at home, watched the movie, The Change-Up, which was pretty good. Good music. :) I also legitimately made a dinner tonight. It still involved noodles, but there was what seemed to be ground beef in it. I say "seemed" because the ground beef, well at least the kind that I bought, is quite different from the ground beef in the U.S. Luckily, it still tasted good, but again, I didn't eat until after 10 p.m. Luckily, it's almost 1 a.m. now, so I don't feel so bad for eating late, because it's not like I ate and went straight to bed. I feel like I have more to tell you, but nothing seems as important as my day with Stanley and María. On a side note though, I found out today that a crosswalk can be called a paso de cebra (zebra pass) in Spanish. It is now my favorite phrase/word in Spanish or it comes in a close second to consultarlo con la almohada (to consult your pillow) meaning "to sleep on it." These are two things that I will now try and use the literal translation in English because it's so fun. Crosswalks are now zebra passes...get it..awesome.
Anyway, it's bedtime. I will talk to you tomorrow. Have a good Monday! Buenas noches.









No comments:

Post a Comment