Sunday, November 10, 2013

La comida mexicana

Okay, so yesterday, Saturday, I woke up kind of early and stayed up for an hour and then decided to take an hour and a half long nap. Haha. So pretty much you could say that I slept in quite a bit. I ate lunch then went on a three mile run with Karin and Stephanie. We were going to do more of a workout, but we got distracted by sitting in the sun and talking. Yep, it's still nice enough here to be comfortable and warm in the sun. The shade is chilly at times, but I'm loving the weather right now. I went back to my apartment after the run because I thought someone was supposed to be coming to see the room, but no one ended up coming so I left for Karin's and ate leftovers from her birthday party aka guacamole and Oreo balls. YUM! Stephanie, Karin, and I hung out for a little bit and then I went back to my apartment for another girl who was coming to look at the place. The girl seemed really nice, but it seemed like she wouldn't be at the apartment much. She goes to school in Madrid, but lives semi-close to the city so it seemed like she would be going home almost every weekend, which isn't necessarily the atmosphere that Lucia and I want, but it didn't matter anyway because she said she wasn't taking the place. Her parents came with her to the visit and found a few things "wrong" that apparently weren't worth their money, but it's okay because we have someone else coming to look at the apartment tomorrow.

Anyway, after this, I just hung out at the apartment for quite awhile. I blogged some and skyped with my boyfriend and started watching the recent movie of Alice in Wonderland, since I had it on the brain because the kindergarten classes were learning about the story. I didn't finish it, but I will...maybe tonight or tomorrow on my day off. Anyway, last night I also figured out bus times for our Segovia day trip that we took today. Wait and see pictures tomorrow. Probably won't get to that blog tonight. It takes awhile to fact check and edit photos. :)

Anyway, last night I went to Lucia's classmate's house for a Mexican-style dinner. It consisted of an Old El Paso burrito kit and an Old El Paso nacho kit, but they were both so good and the company was great. I was surrounded by five Spaniards rattling off words, phrases, idioms, etc. in Spanish that I didn't even know and they were talking soooo fast at some points, but I managed to somewhat keep up. We also played some charades, which was fun, but I have found that there isn't really a translation for that game. We also watched some YouTube videos here and there and then...Lucia and I "sprinted" to the metro station to make sure we made it to the metro before it closed. I would say we started out sprinting, but we wore out pretty quickly and started huffing and puffing and slowing down, but we kept running. Once at the platform, we had 10 minutes to catch our breath before the train came. Haha. Oh well, we ran off all the food we ate. :) Anyway, that was my day/night. It was really fun! :) Hope you all had great Saturdays, too.

Lucia, Jorge, Natalia, Vic, Jaime, and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment