Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hay viento

Okay, so again I am tired and my mind is elsewhere. I am still trying to figure out Christmas vacation, like hostels, what to see, what to do, how much I can spend, etc. Although I am getting really really excited about it. All of my flights are booked! If you didn't catch my blog from yesterday, then I will repeat. I am going to from Madrid to Sevilla to Barcelona to Budapest to Dublin to Madrid. There's one more thing that I haven't told you that is more important than going to any of those places... My boyfriend will be joining me in Dublin and then coming to Madrid with me for a few days! I'm so excited for that! It should be really fun!

Other than getting all of that situated today, the other important thing that happened was that I went to my appointment for my TIE. I left school slightly early in order to get there right at 5 p.m., but I still waited in line for over an hour. I had a great conversation with a girl from Maryland while I was in line though, so that was nice and helped pass the time. Also, we had to wait outside and it's finally getting cold here in Madrid. I had gloves on, plus the wind makes it colder. The whole thing was pretty much waiting though, because once at the desk, I pretty much just handed over some documents, they took my fingerprints, and then said to come back in 25 days to pick the card up. Easy enough, right? Hopefully, I do get the card in 25 days or less because then I don't have to worry about getting authorization to leave the country during Christmas. With my TIE, I can travel in and out of the country without troubles. Fingers-crossed.

Oh, I guess one more important thing happened. I went to a Spanish class tonight! I have been looking for one for awhile and it was getting hard to find one that worked with my schedule, but I finally found one! It's actually twice a week, but I can only go once a week, but that's okay. It's better than nothing. And I felt really good about tonight. It's exactly the type of class that I wanted. I'm excited to keep taking it. With that, the intercambios, and the language exchange with my teacher, I feel like I am finally getting what I want from the language here. Everybody speaks too much English here. It's frustrating. But like I said, now I feel good. :)

Anyway, now I am trying to plan the lesson tomorrow for the teachers while occasionally getting sidetracked by Christmas vacation plans. :) Anyway, I should get going. I hope you all had great Thursdays. Good night!

P.S. Sorry I haven't gotten to the Valencia post yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment