Saturday, November 9, 2013

El cumple de Karin

Yesterday was a good day of class and relaxation and partying. I got up and took some pictures of the trash on the streets because it is still bad (see pictures later on). Went to school and had two classes. I had one 1st grade class that worked on reviewing the rules of the classroom and then coloring a page so that they can start learning the concept of my/your/his/her next week. Then, I had a kindergarten class where I read Alice in Wonderland in English to the students. Then, they learned words in English like cat, queen, cards, Alice, rabbit, etc. The kindergarten classes have been learning about Alice in Wonderland for the last few weeks because this past week they had a field trip to a children's theater to see it, which I think is fun! :) Even though, I think it is a strange story. :) Anyway, after those two classes, I had a class with the teachers. I was a little nervous about it, but it all went well. This group of teachers considers themselves to be beginning English learners, so I was unsure of really what level they were at, but I had a lot of fun with them. We went over formal and informal greetings and questions that you ask someone when you're first meeting them. We also practiced the pronunciation of the English "R" because it is one of the hardest letters to pronounce. And I honestly agree with that when referring to the Spanish "R"...still trying to get that trill down.





After school, I went to the post office real quick to send Flat Stanley and María back to the United States, then I came home and made lunch. My Friday afternoons are for watching Grey's Anatomy and Glee. :) I really can't think of what else I did. I started to look at my calendar to try and figure out when to take trips and where to go. The possibilities are endless. Do you know how many places there are to go?!..gahhh Anyway, yea, I am still trying to figure out where to go, when to go, how much it will cost to go, etc.

As for the night plans, yesterday was Karin's birthday so she had a few people over to her house. Stephanie and her put together Oreo balls, sangria, chocolate cake, and guacamole. So we all hung out for quite awhile and ate too much. :) We then planned to go to a rooftop terrace just for a drink and to see a view of the city, but it was closed. We thought it closed at 2 a.m., but the doors were locked, however the lights on the terrace were on...so it's possible that they stop letting people in at a certain time or maybe they only let so many people in. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, because we still got to see go to a terrace on the top of the city hall, the building that has made a few debuts on this blog already. It was really cool to see the inside of the building even though a lot of the floors were blocked off at night. After taking a quick peek at the terrace, we went home and it was off to bed. I hope you all had a great Friday. Hasta luego.
Celebrating Karin's Birthday
Plaza Cibeles from the top of the city hall
Inside of the town hall

No comments:

Post a Comment