Monday, December 9, 2013

Scotcheroos

Okay, so obviously I am not going to get to blogging about my weekend today, but I will talk about my day today. I slept in slightly, but would have slept in more had it not been for a girl coming to look at the apartment. Still no luck with finding someone. Hopefully, we will find someone soon, since Lucia and I won't be here over break to show anyone the apartment. We will see though. Not as many people are looking right now, but maybe more people will need a flat when the new semester starts at the universities.

After she left, I went to the regular grocery store for a few things and then I went to a store called Taste of America for a few things. You see, my birthday is tomorrow and I love scotcheroos and you are supposed to bring a treat to school on your birthday. So I decided to make scotcheroos, the only thing is peanut butter, corn syrup, and chocolate and butterscotch chips are not popular groceries here, so I had to go to Taste of America to get them. Thing is, EVERYTHING is ridiculously overpriced there, so I am slightly embarrassed to disclose just how much my double batch of scotcheroos cost me. But I think it was worth it for the one time. However, I will definitely not be doing it again. Also, those teachers better appreciate them. After making the scotcheroos and lunch, I finally posted my Valencia pictures on Facebook from when I went three weeks ago. I hope that doesn't mean I won't get my Bilbao pictures posted until three weeks from now...whoops.

Anyway, I also watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas on YouTube and skyped my boyfriend. Then, I blogged about last Thursday. After all that, I went to the library to return a book and then I had my Spanish class. It was really fun and this week I was the only student out of the usual three students, so it was like an individual lesson, which was good. :) I learned about the different senses in Spanish and we watched a short film in Spanish. That really doesn't sound like much, but we went on a lot of tangents and I learned a lot and I am so happy to be taking the class. :) If you want to watch the short film that I did, you can see it below. You don't have to know the language to understand the video. It's called Una celebración de los 4 sentidos (A celebration of the 4 senses). It's a good short film. :) Enjoy and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment