Monday, December 16, 2013

Elf y TIE

Okay, so I'm going to put yesterday and today into one blog post because it's easier this way and not much happened during both days combined.

Yesterday, Sunday, I got up and wrote a blog and a half and I organized some of my pictures on my computer, which I know doesn't seem like a big deal, but it was for me. And it was on my long list of things to do before Friday, gah! After getting ready, I met Karin and Stephanie in Principe Pio, which is a metro stop/movie theater/mall and we went shopping. I bought some travel size toiletries for Christmas vacation and I bought a Christmas present for Lucia. Then we headed home on the bus and I relaxed at home for quite awhile. I wrote another blog and checked a few more things off my list, but I also wasted my time on Imgur. If you don't know what that is it is just a collection of (mostly funny) pictures online. I probably spent too much time on it and not enough time getting things done, but that's okay.

After a little while, Karin and Stephanie came over and we, along with Lucia, watched Elf and ate popcorn. We also colored, which was really fun! :) After the girls left, I skyped my parents, which was SO great! :D I definitely miss them and I know that they miss me, so it was good to talk to them for a little while. :) Anyway, that was the end of my day. After I hung up with my parents it was off to bed.
The picture that I colored :)
Today, Monday (my day off), I started my morning a little later than I wanted to, but it all turned out okay. First things first was to go and pick up my TIE (Tarjeta de Identificación Extranjera) with Stephanie, we waited about an hour in line to pick it up, which wasn't ideal, but at least we got our cards. Yay, that saves me a lot of trouble with traveling for Christmas, because now I can just flash that at the airport to get back into the country. :D After finally getting our cards, we went to the library to return some books, then I parted ways with Stephanie because I had a few more errands to run. I went to the bank so that they could get a copy of my pretty new card and then I went to a tobacco shop to get some tabacco stamps. Then, it was to the grocery store so that I have food to get me through the week and then I made my way home. My errands out and about took longer than I wanted to, but at least I got them done. This afternoon, I spent my time catching up on blogging and then I did my weekly chores, but I did more than that because my room was a pigsty and I started to clean out my closet with things that I want my boyfriend to take back to the U.S. when he comes to visit in 17 days, 10 hours, and 37 minutes. :) <-there's a countdown on my phone. :P Anyway, I cleaned and tidied up and then I went to Spanish class.

I learned something new tonight in class, like the fact that I am a cinéfila, which means movie buff. Haha. I think my dad (and mom) are probably in shock right now reading that "I learned something today." They used to always ask, "What did you learn in school today?" and my sister and I would always answer "Nothing." Then, we would get this big long lecture about how we were wasting their money by not learning. Okay, it wasn't really a lecture, but they would tell us that we were wasting their money. Well, I am here to say that I'm sorry for wasting your money in the past, but you should know that I did learn one thing while growing up. What's that, you may ask? Well, it was to not waste my own money! Ha. So sorry for wasting yours, but thanks for teaching me not to waste mine...hence the learning that happened in class tonight. :P

Anyway, after class I went to the Christmas market briefly with Stephanie. It was mostly all closed up by the time we went, but that was okay because there really was nothing that interested me. I would have liked to buy an ornament or something, but most of the ornaments were just balls and a lot of the stuff just looked cheap and was just standard Christmas stuff, not Spanish souvenir Christmas stuff. I should have known. Anyway, once home, I watched El Hormiguero; Ben Stiller was on for his new movie. I ate dinner and I have just been relaxing since then. I will be going to bed soon and I will be up and ready to sing Miley Cyrus all day tomorrow..yayyy....

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment