Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mi segundo cumple

One of many drawings from the Happy Birthday
book from the kindergartners. :)
Okay, so I forgot to mention that Lucia got me a Spanish book for my birthday, too! It's called Principito (The Little Prince). You might have heard of it. It's originally in French, called Le Petit Prince. Lucia said it's a pretty popular book in Spain and a lot of adolescents read it. I am pumped to start reading it, because I have never read it, even in English and definitely not in French. Anyway, it might as well have been my birthday today, too, because I got a few cards today from students. A few girls in one of my 1st grade classes drew me a picture and then the kindergarten class that I worked with today made me a book of drawings and sang to me. It was awesome! I really was not expecting it at all! I loved it!
The drawing from some 1st graders :)
Also, the day involved A LOT more Miley Cyrus! Haha, but it also involved some reviewing food vocabulary and getting started on some house vocabulary. I can't believe just how much gets thrown at them at once. Sometimes I think it's too much, but they usually surprise me! These students are sponges! For example, rather than just learning sofa, bed, bathroom, house, kitchen, sink, and the other basics, they are also learning words like glass, wood, tiles, basement, tent, igloo, etc. There is a huge list or words and it just surprises me because the chapters in their books have more vocabulary in them than a high school level one book would have. But, like I said, these children are sponges and many of them catch on and remember quickly! Also, there are enough birthday treats to last the rest of the week. :)

Anyway, I had some of my lessons tonight and they all went really well. The last two were my favorite because I walked up to the house and there were lights in the window and Santa Claus and the Three Wise Men were climbing up the side of the house! Also, as soon as I stepped into the house, I got a whiff of a Christmas candle. I don't actually think it was a candle, but whatever it was, it was Christmas-y and wonderful! Also, they had their tree up! AND they offered me Christmas candy and I took one and then it was followed by the mother giving me four more pieces. Haha. It was good though! Also, the younger girl sang me part of the song she learned at school. I actually have never heard it, but I like it. It's catch-y and she was so cute singing it. Also, I can't believe they learned the whole song! It's pretty long! Anyway, I figured this was a good way to end the blog because once I got home, I didn't do much. So enjoy the song. Love you all. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment