Thursday, December 12, 2013

Demasiado Miley

Okay, today involved more Miley Cyrus. Probably a little too much Miley Cyrus, if you ask me. I sang that dang song in four out of five classes. GAHH! I no longer care about Santa Claus coming to town, but I will say that it is adorable seeing the students sing/scream and dance to Santa Claus is Coming to Town. It makes me really happy to know that I helped teach them the song! And they sing it excellently! Also, I got to use the Promethean Board today, which is an interactive whiteboard that the school has. I know I have mentioned it before because I remember talking about how I learned it's software while student teaching and I feel like it doesn't get used to it's fullest potential at the school here. But it felt so great to be using it. I know that probably sounds dumb, because HELLO it's just a piece of technology, but I love seeing how the students react to it. I wish we could use it more.

I wish I had more to tell you about my day, but I really don't. I had my two lessons after school and they both went well. And once home, I ate dinner and mostly relaxed. I had more planned for the night, but I spent the majority of the night trying to figure out this weekend. We are planning to see a movie and go ice skating! Yay! So fun!

On another note, I did think of two more random things to mention.

1. I find it interesting that all the students think I am SO old and all of the other teachers think I'm SO young! :) It is all about perspective, I guess. It just amuses me.

Number two is snot a good way to end this blog, but it will be amusing. Maybe.

2. Although it is not terribly cold here, it is still cold and flu season. That means a lot of snotty noses at the school, which means a lot of students are blowing their noses...or not blowing their noses. I have witnessed one kid choose to blow his nose first and then use the tissue...that was pleasant. And I saw one kid come in from recess with snot hanging way out of his nose. It both incidences there was some snotage in the mouth..gross. My reaction....
Snotty noses are worse than loose teeth.

And on that note, have a good night! You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment