Monday, December 2, 2013

Calendario de Adviento

Today was the second of December and I forgot to mention yesterday that Lucia was nice enough to buy me an advent calendar. I have never had one before, not that I can remember anyway, but it's cool to have. I like getting a little piece of molded chocolate everyday. Yesterday, I got a candle, today's piece had a plane on it. :) So that was my morning, I woke up after a good night's rest and ate a piece of chocolate that had a plane on it. :) Then, I got ready and went to the bank to pay our internet bill. As I was on my way to the bank, I got stopped by two theology students and they talked to me for about ten minutes about "Dios Madre" or the "Heavenly Mother." They showed me about five or so verses in their bible where the word "we" is used or where the wife of God is mentioned. It was quite interesting to hear their take on it, but also, I might add that although I am a Christian, I am not well versed in the Bible and I told them that I wanted to go home and see the wording in a different bible. I did look up some of the verses and I did find the use of "us," which does pose the question "To whom is God referring?" So, maybe there is a heavenly mother, but, in my opinion, I would not see her as an equal to God. Anyway, I am not trying to turn this post into a religious debate or anything, but I thought I would share because I found it interesting and because I was very proud to not only be talking about God with strangers, but to be doing it and comprehending it in another language. :) I learned that Cordero de Dios means Lamb of God.

Anyway, after my semi-quick bank run, I went home and did a blog or two and did my homework for my Spanish class that I have on Monday nights. I ate lunch and relaxed for a little bit, then I did my Monday cleaning. The floors were slightly gross from all the Thanksgiving crumbs that ended up on the ground, but now the place looks great. :) I hung out for a little longer, but then left for Spanish class. Tonight, we spent the majority of the time talking about our first jobs. Man, I felt good about discussing God in another language, but try explaining the art of detasseling in a different language and that gets tough. Also, people look at you funny when you teach them that there is male and female corn. It was quite interesting, but I'm glad I could share some good old country culture with the world. :)

After class, I came home, made dinner, watched some Hormiguero, and wrote this blog. Now, I am about to go to bed. I hope all of you had fantastic December 2nds. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment