Monday, December 2, 2013

El primer de diciembre

Yesterday, as I'm sure you all know was December 1st. I think that is crazy! It's already December, it's Christmastime, the time where I begin to get sad that I am not with family, but also I can't help but be happy because this time of the year is awesome and joyful!

Yesterday, I invited Claire and her friends over again so they didn't have to sit at the airport all day or walk around with their bags. They came over dropped their bags off at my place and then Karin, Stephanie, and I took them to the Rastro. I think they liked it, but there is no way of knowing. I know that they didn't realize how big it was, which is true. Stephanie, Karin, and I still find new little nooks and crannies that have more people selling more things. It always amazes me how packed the Rastro gets, too. It's incredible. I didn't buy anything this week, but there are still things that I see that I want to buy eventually. After the Rastro, we all took a nice stroll in Madrid Río. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day to take a stroll through the park on the way back to my place.

Once home, we semi-warmed up the leftovers and all gorged for a second time on Thanksgiving food. :) I'm glad we could share another meal with friends! After eating and hanging out for a little bit, Claire and her friends left for the airport so that they could make their trip back to Scotland. Karin, Stephanie, and I hung out for a little bit long. We watched The Year Without a Santa Claus and then they headed home, too. For the rest of the evening, I blogged a little bit and watched a Christmas movie that was on T.V. called Christmas Mail. It was a cutesy movie, but I can't wait to watch the classics. I hope that I am able to. Lucia said that there are usually a lot of Christmas movies on T.V. as it gets closer to Christmas. We will see. :) After Christmas Mail, I watched another less-Christmasy movie, The Taking of Pelham 123, because that's just what was on T.V. next. And then, I called it a night. I had a great first day of December and it still shocks me that it is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment