Wednesday, December 18, 2013

El burrito de Belén

Okay, so I had a pretty good day today! I started my day of course with some good old Miley Cyrus, but also because the students are still learning their Spanish villancico (carol) they got to practice that. So I finally got to hear what they are singing in Spanish. It's a song called Dinguidón, which is the sound a bell makes, like Ding Dong. :)

After that class, I went to the next class where we got to review some Christmas vocabulary, like Father Christmas. :) That is what they call Santa Claus in the U.K., then they were reviewing Christmas tree, presents, reindeer, etc. They did some book work to practice using these words, then it was off to breakfast, where I found out some upsetting news. Well, it really wasn't that upsetting, just ironic and kind of comical. Remember that exciting trip we went on to the mail box yesterday to send Christmas letters to the students' parents? Yea, well apparently the letters were too heavy for the postage that was on them so the majority of the letters came back to the school today..que triste! How unfortunate is that! Ah. I don't know what the school is going to do, but hopefully they can get them out again so they get to the parents by Christmas. Speaking of, Christmas is a week away..CRAZY!

Anyway, after the break, I got to hear the kindergartners practice their two songs, which are adorable. One is sung to the tune of Deck the Halls, but the lyrics are different because the words boughs, don, apparel, troll, yuletide, ye lads and lasses are just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Ha. Their second song is called El burrito de Belén (The donkey from Bethlehem). Have I mentioned yet that the majority of the Spanish Christmas carols are religious and about the birth of Jesus. Anyway, below is that wonderful song and whoever made the video has the English translation just for you!

After lunch, I got to spend most of the afternoon watching and helping the 1st graders prepare for their concert for their parents on Friday. We went to the gym and lined the students up and they sang both their English and Spanish songs a few times through. Then, we went back to the classroom and did some Christmas book work. When tomorrow comes, I was told that the majority of the day will be devoted to preparing for the Christmas party on Friday so that should be fun. I'm looking forward to that! Love Christmas!

After school, I only had one of my private lessons, so I went to that which went really well. The mom is so nice because it was raining when I went to leave and she insisted that I take an umbrella. So I did and I stayed dry the whole way home. Once I got home, I got a few things done that I wanted to before leaving this Saturday. I still have a few more things on my list to do, but at least I am crossing things off my list little by little. Now, I have been watching the finale for La Voz for quite awhile, but I plan to go to bed soon. I hope you all have good nights. Hasta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment