Saturday, December 14, 2013

Patinar sobre hielo

Today, Lucia, Karin, and I went to a place called Palacio de Hielo (Ice Palace) to go ice skating! It's actually not just an ice rink, but it's a mall, a movie theatre, and a bowling alley. Ice skating was awesome and none of us fell, which was even awesome-er! It took me a lap or two to get used to skating again, because I haven't done it in quite some time, but I was good afterwards. We skated for a little over an hour and I think we ended at the perfect time because my feet were starting to kill me!
Happy and ice skating :)

After ice skating, we went to a restaurant in the mall called VIPS, which is pretty popular throughout Madrid and Spain. I downed a bacon cheeseburger and we got some chocolate covered pancakes for free, so those were delicious. However, my stomach kind of hated me afterwards. We walked around the mall for a little bit and then headed home. Oh, I also should point out that we saw Santa Claus! :D He is making his way around the world asking what good boys and good girls want for Christmas. He didn't ask us...hmm..that's odd. Anyway, I kind of napped on the metro ride home and once home, I really wanted to nap, but I'm not a big napper, so I uploaded some photos instead. Then, I just hung out until Karin came over to my house. Once she was over here, the party really started! We made a very simple dinner and then watched the 2000 version of Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! It was relaxing and great and festive and Christmas-y! Also, Lucia had never seen it before so it was nice to be able to share that Christmas classic with her. And I use the word classic loosely because ALL Christmas movies are classics. :P Okay, maybe not all, but they should be.

Anyway, now I am just hanging out with Karin and that's all I got going on for the rest of the night. Have a good night. I will talk to you tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment