Sunday, December 1, 2013

La azotea

On Friday, I went to school and had two simple classes with the young students and then I had the teacher's class. I took the opportunity to teach the two teachers that were in class about Thanksgiving. :) I shared a little video with them about the first Thanksgiving, then we talked about the family tradition that Thanksgiving has, along with the food we eat, the football games, the Macy's day parade, and Black Friday. I think they enjoyed learning about it and they got to practice their comprehension and they had to tell me what they were thankful for. :)

After school, I went to the grocery store to pick up things to make deviled eggs. I have never made them before, but I figured I would give it a shot for Thanksgiving. I hard boiled the eggs, which I have also never done. I was slightly worried about if they would be under or overcooked, bur really there is no way to tell until you break into one. And I had watched a YouTube video on it, so I felt pretty good about it.

After that, I went with Karin to meet a friend from the U.S. at Sol. Her name is Claire and she has been studying in Scotland for the past few months. Her and her three friends, who have also been studying in Scotland, decided to travel to Madrid for a few days. So, Karin and I met them in Sol and walked around with them for a little bit. We showed them the Christmas markets, Plaza Mayor, the oldest restaurant in the world, Gran Vía, and then we took them to the rooftop terrace that Karin, Stephanie, and I tried to go to last month. I think they had fun, but I'm pretty sure they were cold. It was pretty chilly on that rooftop. We all bought hot chocolate though and that was yummy! Also, the view from the rooftop was pretty cool!
Claire and I on the azotea


Christmas tree at Sol
After we froze our little tushies off, we parted ways and Karin and I went back to her place for dinner. We ate dinner and then watched a movie called Lords of Dogtown. I didn't really like it. It was about the surf and skateboarding trends that started in the 70s in California. It just was a little dry. The plot wasn't too exciting. I wish they would have Hollywood-ized it a little more, like throw a little more fake stories into it. Like maybe add some Jack and Rose, heart of the ocean stuff into it. That definitely would have spiced up the story line. Anyway, after the movie, I went home and then crashed. I had to be ready for the day to come (our Thanksgiving feast!).

No comments:

Post a Comment