Wednesday, December 4, 2013

La purpurina

Okay, so today was a long, but great day. At school the students are starting to learn about the rooms and furniture in a house as well as the names of family members (mother, sister, grandfather, etc.), but that's not the most exciting thing that happened at school today. Nope, nope, nope. The most exciting thing was that Christmas is coming! Yay! The students are starting to get ready for Christmas, which means they are decorating! Which means..lots and lots of glitter EVERYWHERE! So much glitter on the floor, on the tables, on the students' hands, on our faces, in my hair, everywhere! As long as it stays out of my eyes, I'm okay with it! I do wonder though who in the world came up with glitter, and I'm not talking about the awfully wonderful 2001 musical drama hit starring Mariah Carey, which is now playing on my computer (You can watch it, too!). I'm talking about the tiny pieces of sparkling joy that can turn any craft into a masterpiece. Anyway, the students had these workshops in the afternoon to start decorating the school and they have them tomorrow also, so yay! more glitter..two days in a row!
Students painting some sky
Cutting out trees
Students coloring mountains
Anyway, after school, I had some of my private lessons and I have decided that even though it makes for a long day, I absolutely love having them. I am really getting to know my students and I love them all so much! They are so bright, smart, and special! I'm not really trying to think about this quite yet, but I know it will be difficult to say goodbye to them in the Spring.

On another note, on the ride home, I am pretty sure a lady that was on the train was in labor. I mean, if contractions are anything like they are in the movies with the screaming and such, then she was definitely not in labor. However, if some contractions are somewhat settle to begin with and involve a lot of visible discomfort and breathing, then she was definitely in labor. Plus she got off at the hospital stop, which just was a bigger clue that she might have been. I realize that public transport is probably the quickest way to get anywhere in a city, but that still would not be my choice of transport in the midst of labor. Crazy. All that was going through my head was what the heck would I do if a woman went into labor on the train. I decided that the first thing that I would do would probably be to throw Spanish out the window, which I realize would be a horrible thing, but I don't know if I could form a coherent sentence in an emergency. But, maybe I would surprise myself.

After arriving home, I made dinner and chatted with Karin about this weekend. Now I am writing this blog, but I have to go now so that I can pack. Karin and I are leaving tomorrow night as soon as I get home from my private lessons, so you probably won't hear from me until Sunday, but I look forward to telling you about my weekend! I hope you all have great weekends! Until then, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment