Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mi cumple

Today was my birthday, but really it was just like any other day, besides getting sung to and getting a lot of hugs and kisses. Many of the classes today dealt with the singing/learning/dancing to Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Miley Cyrus. Since I didn't post it before, I will post it now.
The students are also learning some Christmas vocabulary: Santa Claus, sleigh, stocking, reindeer, gifts, Christmas tree, etc. It's really fun to see them enjoying the Christmas season. On another note, I brought the scotcheroos to school and the teachers seemed to like them. Most of them said the same thing, "It looks like turrón," which is a dessert that is typically eaten during Christmas. I think they might have been a little heavy and sugary for them though. I actually agree, haha, but they are so delicious! I got so many "Felicidades" and "Feliz Cumpleaños" from the teachers, which was so nice. I got a lot of dos besos, too. Also, two of my classes sang to me AND, right in the middle of lunch, one of the teachers counted 1-2-3 and all the teachers broke out into "Happy Birthday" in English. I think my face turned red, but I appreciated it! :D

After school, I had the language exchange with the teacher at my school, which went very well. Then, I got home and had a birthday card from my grandma and grandpa in the mail. Thanks, you two! :) Then, as soon as I walked in the door, Lucia asked me if I was hungry. I, of course, was and I found out that she had made a cake. So, we blew up some balloons that my old college roommate sent, ruined our dinners with some cake, and I made a wish and blew out a candle. Then, Stephanie and Karin came over and we spent the night listening to Christmas music, eating cake and scotcheroos, singing, and playing the guitar. I don't play the guitar and I can't sing, but I was having fun listening to the other three. :) That was my birthday and night and now I am tired. Thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday near and far. :) Love you all! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment