Sunday, August 7, 2011

Barranco de dia

Today was a pretty eventful day as well, but rather than experience Barranco during nightlife we decided to explore during the day.  Styling my new pair of boots, I and some others went to the Museo Pedro de Osma, which is an art museum that used to be the summer home of the Osma family.  I don't have much to say about the museum except that the art and building were wonderful.  Also, I've come to the conclusion that I really like modern/contemporary art.  :)  Here are some pictures, since I can't put the artwork into words:
El Museo Pedro de Osma
La Sala de Plata (The Room of Silver)
Room full of artwork done by modern artist, Vidal Bedoya

Espiritus Guerreros


Back in the days, artists didn't have a lot of money to buy
canvas so they would aint over their other paintings.  This is a painting
showing parts of some other paintings underneath.
You don't have to go to a museum to see art in Barranco.  Do you think the
dog knows that he is laying in front of a picture of a dog?
Tonight, I went to a movie with my host mom and a friend at the church.  Apparently they show a free movie every Sunday and collect non-perishable items for the poor.  We watched a movie called El abuelo (The Grandfather).  It was nominated for an Oscar at some point in time.  It was an overall good movie and had a lot of good quotes in it that made you think.  After the movie, we had a small talk back, I felt like I was in class. :)  It was interesting hearing the opinions of adults, but I didn't contribute to the conversation..whoops sorry professors!  I definitely would recommend seeing the movie though. Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment