Saturday, January 25, 2014

Poco pasó

January 21, 2014

Today was another pretty boring, but relaxed day. I don't have much to report about school besides the fact that my students are learning the difference between an herbivore, an omnivore, and a carnivore, which is pretty cool. I also had a few more students wiggle their teeth in my face, which I just cannot get used to! After school, I came home and relaxed for a little bit. After, Karin came over and we did an at home workout together. Then, we purchased some tickets to Lisbon, Portugal. :) So, that's going to be awesome! I got a few other things checked off my list, but I am always adding new things to my list as well. Anyway, that was my Tuesday. It was pretty basic. Also, Karin hung out with me for a little bit at night and I sucked her into watching The Bachelor with me. :) And that was that.


January 22, 2014

Today was another "same old, same old" day. I had school and the students are still practicing the members of the family and the animals. However, for the animals, they are starting to get into viviparous and oviparous classifications of animals. I had to review what those even meant. I had no clue. For those of you who don't remember learning those term either, viviparous animals are those that develop inside their mothers. Oviparous animals are those that come from/lay eggs. Couldn't tell you the last time or the first time that I heard those terms. Anyway, most of my students are rocking this English thing. At the end of the day, I had some third graders interview me for their class newspaper. It was really cute because since they don't know I speak Spanish, my coordinator had to interpret for it, even though I knew everything they were saying. They asked questions like if I have pets, if I like the school, if I have siblings, etc. After school, I went to my private lessons. They went well as always and it always surprises me how much vocab and grammar we can cover in just an hour of conversation! On another note, I purchased a ticket to Cádiz, Spain today for February, so that's one more place that I will be going. Fun, fun! I hope you all had a great hump day! Talk to you later


January 23, 2014

Today again was an average day. I had school and the students are still practicing the same things. My favorite part about today though was that I got to use the Promethean Board in the computer room! Since the students are learning about viviparous and oviparous animals. I found a flipchart (it's like a Powerpoint, for those of you not familiar with Promethean) that had a cool activity for categorizing oviparous and viviparous animals. I got to take one of my classes to do the activity and I think they had a lot of fun. Since they don't work with technology a lot, they got slightly excited about it and got a little rowdy, but their kids, you can't help that and they definitely were still learning! :) After school, I had my private lessons, then went home and relaxed for the night, more or less. I spent the evening looking for activities and lessons to do with the teachers' class.

January 24, 2014

Woo! Friday! Today is the day that I go in late and come home early so it went really well. The two classes I had with students went alright, but I really liked the teachers' class. I am always nervous going in, but it always ends up going well usually. I think I am mostly excited to just be teaching my own lessons. Also, I took them to the computer room so that I could use the Promethean Board again. I taught them some common verbs used in English and the structure of present simple and then we played a Connect 4 game with using verbs in sentences. They seemed to get pretty competitive about it and it was cool to see that. Anyway, after I got home from school, I relaxed, skyped my boyfriend, worked on a few things, and then went for a run with Karin. We probably ran a little over two miles, which I thought was good since I haven't ran in several months. After the run, we stopped in a gym just to look at membership prices. It actually is a good and well-priced gym and I would really consider going, if I had the time, but I am already pretty busy so I think I am just going to keep my schedule how it is. After all of that Karin and Stephanie came over to my house and we spent the night chatting and hashing out everything for the trips we are planning. We actually didn't get anything accomplished in terms of booking flights, tours, or hostels, but we looked at prices and figured out when and where we will be going and that was something that really needed to be done, so I'm glad we got that over with.


Anyway, that was my week in a nutshell. Sorry, if I have been boring you and sorry you had no consistent blogs to read this week. I will be getting up the last of Christmas break sometime soon and I will continue to blog about my daily life here in Spain. Hope you all are fantastic! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment