Monday, January 27, 2014

Media naranja

January 26, 2014

Yesterday, was a pretty good Sunday. I went on a mission to the Rastro with Karin. She found what she was looking for, but I actually didn't find what I wanted, which was slightly frustrating because I had seen it there two weeks before. Also, the crowd seemed bigger than usual or it was just getting to me more than usually, but I was glad that we just did a there and back trip. After the Rastro, Karin and I went on a 4-mile run and then just hung out for awhile talking and such. I finally went home around 5 p.m. and that's when I ate lunch. That's right, clearly I am extremely adjusted to the Spanish meal times. I am eating lunch at 5 p.m. now. Anyway, I spent the evening writing a Dublin blog and hanging out. I watched some How I Met Your Mother because that's what I play in the background on my computer instead of music. Then, I played a game called Jungle Speed with my roommates and Lucia's friend, Isa. The game was really difficult and kind of hurt the brain, but it was really fun, too. We played a few rounds and then I made dinner and just continued to hang out. Then, I hit the sack and the day was over.

January 27, 2014

Today, I have accomplished nothing, but also some things. I woke up and did a short at-home workout, then got ready and wrote another Dublin blog. (Check them out!) I did some laundry and then went to a bookstore to pick up a present for Lucia (her birthday is on Wednesday..shh, don't tell her that I got her a present yet). Anyway, then I came home, made some pretty delicious fried rice, and did my weekly chores. I even skyped my boyfriend for a little bit and did my Spanish homework for class. Then, I went to my Spanish class and we talked about dubbing in movies, then we had to dub our own movie scene, which was pretty fun. Also, I learned some pretty cool phrases and words in class. Like "media naranja," which literally translates as "half an orange," but in Spanish that is what you can use as "soulmates." If you have ever seen Friends, being someone's "half an orange" is like being their "lobster." Well, once I got home, I made dinner and bought a flight for the first part of Spring break in April. Where am I going? Morocco. :) Anyway, I didn't get as much done as I wanted to (I never do), but I'm still happy with what I accomplished and I hope you all had accomplishments this Monday as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment